Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

overdose?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PlAsId HiT, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ive never heard anyone talk about this and ive always wondered, is it actualy possible to smoke TOO much weed at once? maby you wont die but what could happen if say, you stayed consiounse long enoguh to smoke 5 j's?

2. yes, you can overdose....kinda, you need to smoke like a hundred pounds of weed in like a minute or something rediculous....you would suffocate before you finish

3. It's called greening out and no your won't die directly from the weed.
    You may passout and swallow your tongue, choke on vomit etc.

But weed itself has no OD level that us humans can reach.
    You might throw up or passout if you have wayyyyy to much but.

4. me and a buddy of mine smoked 5 Js each, and we were fine.

5. Lol you would have to be a mad man to OD on weed. You would need to smoke like 5 grams in under 5 minutes.

6. #6 Pyroxide, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010

5 Grams in under 5 minutes would just get you high, you wouldn't even green on that.
    Mind you I felt pretty sick smoking a 1/4 once, 5 might green you if you're new to smoking.
    But most blunts I roll have anywhere between 3-5 grams and they go down in a good 40 minutes. Considerably more than 5 minutes, but I still just feel good.

7. dawg i can stay cionscus for 5 jays witout it killin me easily

sum scientist smart people did sum tests for the toxitity of weed or wutever n found out that you have to smoke more pounds of marijuana then your body weights

8. #8 TJJ, Jan 25, 2010
    A lethal dose would be 1/3 of your total body weight smoked all at once so if you weight 100 pounds you would have to smoke 33 pounds of marijuana all at once. This can not be done as you would die from lack of oxygen long before you finish the first pound. So in order for 5 grams to lethal your total body weight would have to be 15 grams and no human weighs that little.

9. uhh dude 1/3 of 100 is 33.3 repeating....LOL

10. dawg i could see even a normal smoker who smokes 5gs in 5 minutes passing out even if ther just mids, and i remember when i was new i smoked a mabye 1.5g dime and i passed out from that, i smoked a couple of bowls and a loose shitty blunt and i passed out in the bathroom and woke up an hour later all i could remember is that my vision looked like everything was made of stone and i felt like puking

11. It is impossible to swallow your tounge. It may swell, but you physically cannot swallow your tounge. There are connective muscles holding your tounge to the floor of your jaw.

12. ever heard of math? if you way 100 lbs and 1/3 of your body weight is the lethal limit that would be 33lbs not 300 lol. but yeah smoking 30 elbows at once seems pretty impossible:smoking:

13. Most of it is mids I've been getting lately but you know... :rolleyes::smoking:

All the same but I don't think your average smoker 3-4 years would pass out from that, intaking 5 grams in 5 minutes you'd passout from lack of oxygen before bud gets you though.

Even still though, it would definately fuck a kid up who just started, but lets face it it's not going to happen.

But normal smokers would have a fucked up few hours and wish that they could just pass out because even going to sleep would be hard.

14. there is a difference between ODing and ODing enough that you die, just so you guys know..

15. #15 TJJ, Jan 25, 2010
    sorry I forgot that it was 1/3.... I can't do math very good when im high cuz I forget the numbers.. and don't say you hate people blaming it on being high because then your part of the problem. Weed effects your short term memory and by you saying it does not is just showing your ignorance.

16. "Choke on vomit"
    this shit's serious! the only time i got fuckd up i drank too much and smoked too much! alcohol wanted me to throw up but thc wouldnt let. that was fuckd up. lol

17. Not literally, it's when you passout on your back and your tongue blocks your airways. Try it, lie on your back and just let your tongue roll back. When you pass out blood flows to your major organs your face, eyes, ect, your tongue swells a bit too. You you'll see what I mean.

But yeah ^-^

18. the most ive done is when i picked up a q and i decided to go all out becuase i had alot of money and i just got paid, i smoked about all of it in a short time and all it did was get me really high, im pretty sure i didnt die though.

Anyway, to answer your question, no one has ever died from weed, as there is no LD50.

19. "In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose"

And i'm pretty sure none of you have the money to buy enough weed to do it.and you'll fall asleep before u get to bong load number 200.:bongin:

20. umm but that wouldnt even matter one bit because if sleeping is anything like being unconscious you breethe through your nose, thats why its funny to pinch someones nose when there sleeping and watch them helplessly choke and wake up