1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

overdone

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Steamrollerwhat, Mar 11, 2003.

1. shit..i was gone this weekend gettin high and ..i had a seed germenating and shit and well the white grew like an inch long i just planted it today..will it grow or should it not matter???and how soon should i start lighting it and what kind/ how much lighting?i saw a heat light it was big and red 13$ should i get that?

2. they will be fine its hapened to me before ya dont need a heat lamp I lower two 40 watt coolwhite tubes to about an inch over the soil some people say to leave them in the dark for 5 days I go right to the light once there planted 18/6 the light keeps it warm and its not such a hot lite that its gonna burn the seedlings

3. yep..
    anyway an inch is a lil long, might be too long, hope it still works out for ya

4. I would agree with stinkbud, except I grow my seedlings under 24hour light until I'm ready to sex them, then switch to 18/6 and they should show sex in a week or so.Warning: do not put clones under 24hour light. They will revert to a seedling growth pattern @ age:0

5. clonemeister are you sure about your plants showing sex under 18/6 lighting?....don't you mean 12/12?, as 18/6 is still a vegatative light cycle.....Peace out....Sid

6. yes I'm quite sure. I never put anything under12/12 until it shows sex. Showing sex is not the same as actually flowering.When you start them under24 they show sex after being switched to 18/6. I did this for over 6 years.

7. i'll need to give that a try with the nexty grow, save me trying to i.d. them at a later stage.....how long under the 18/6 can you tell sex?....Peace out....Sid

8. They usually show after about a week, two with some, think I had one strain of sativa that was stubborn and took over 3 weeks.

9. I do the same thing and people would tell me that some strains of mj would pre-sex before they were put under 12/12...
    I think it depends on how old the plants are, some will just show sex without inducing flowering.

10. i know some plants also flower when they're good and ready, without and changes to lighting, however would you get the same early sexing if the lights were just on 18/6 and then staraight to 12/12?.....Peace out......Sid

11. probably, not too sure though....that's a question for the gods.

Grasscity Deals Near You