Over dried

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by fictionx, Feb 21, 2010.

1. I recently harvest 5oz of my blueberry kush and ak47 and i hang dried the nugs for about 10 days. Turns out they came out too dry. The nugs are now extremely brittle and are in jars "curing" although they are bone dry. Is there anything i can do to restore some of the moisture?
    thanks,
    -fictionx

2. u could try leaving them in jars with tissue for a few dayz others might have a better idea

3. maybe try a spray bottle with spring water about 2 feet above while your burping your jars

let the drizzle fall and let it get humid enough to where you think it makes a difference and then close lids?

im not sure if this has been done but seems reasonable without a mold problem

4. thanks for the replies guys...
    i put orange peels in not too long ago so they are doing decent work. it just kinda sucks because it altars the smell slightly... anyone have ideas that wont altar smell? i would spray them but they are bagged up =(

5. wet lettuce leaves inside jar NOT touching bud.. let the moisture from the crisp lettuce transfer to the buds and then swap em out for new ones till your satisfied.

6. I used to take a Q-Tip and just dampen both ends (not soaked) and drop it in the bag/jar. Works great, doesn't effect smell and taste, and doesnt produce mold if done in moderation.

7. piece of a carrot.

8. This is the best advice I've seen. I've used this method and it works great. Lettuce is primarily water anyway, so you just need a small piece in the jar. It won't affect the taste or smell either.

9. alright cool guys the peels have been working well i think im gonna make the final stretch with lettuce

10. i heard osme shit about a q-tip with warm water at the end and you like spread it across the mason jars top...idk

11. Flour torillas also work nicely. Never use a method where you are directly applying moisture to the buds or the environment that they are in such as misting with water or suing a wet q-tip.

12. Bud does that. When you first harvest it's extremely wet and heavy. After a few days of drying, it is crispy and dry as hell, almost crumbles to the touch. When you let it cure in the jars, the moisture returns and by the 4th week you'll have nice squishy buds again.

Curing is the most important step for real. If you don't cure right you can lose a lot of weight...

13. fresh pot leaf. It wont take away the harshnesh from over drying but it will bring some moisture and no taste or smell