Over dried bud?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ihaveaids, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ay GC I just harvested my tree's and now they're in mason jars but one of the cola's feel pretty crispy and every time I take it out the mason jar it still feels crispy at the top, did I over dry my bud or is this ok.

Attached Files:

2. Should be alright. If you have it curing let it sit for a while and if you don't see any moisture on the inside of the jar you should be good man.

3. keep them in jars for up to a month, opening twice a day to air for about 20 minutes

4. If after a few weeks and it's still crispy, breathe in to the mason jar so that there is some condensation on the glass and close the lid. Should moisten the bud back up by the next day.

5. #5 Storm Crow, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
    Or throw in a bit of orange peel, some lettuce leaf, or a few drops of water. Let it sit for a day, remove any non-cannabis plant material as needed- your pot will have absorbed the moisture.

Granny

6. A piece of bread works best if trying to rehydrate your weed. Stick a piece or two in with your weed and your weed will absorb the moisture. Make it fresh again.

7. Thank you all for the feed back. So if the buds stay crispy put some moisture back into the jar.

8. Should they be a lil moist when curing or what

9. Curing is drying. You hang them tto dry, then to cure them you put them in a airtight jar and every 2-4 hours open the jar. Repeat for about 2-5 weeks depending how good you want it.

It distributes what moisture is left in the weed evenly throughout the bud and surrounding air in the jar. Opening lets that bit of moisture in the air out then you rinse and repeat. I believe it helps with mold issues and stuff too but I'm not real sure about that.

10. wow everyone in this thread is a fail almost.

once the bud is dry you cannot ad moistu

your only luck is to keep them in mason jars, air daily for 10 minutes or so then close up. store in a cool dark area. sun and heat destroy thc. adding fruits into the jar will only create mildew and ruin the smell and tastes of the bud.

11. I open them 2 times a day once in the morning and once at night, so is it better to open the jars often or just as needed.

12. [quote name='"bwitsne"']wow everyone in this thread is a fail almost.

once the bud is dry you cannot ad moistu

your only luck is to keep them in mason jars, air daily for 10 minutes or so then close up. store in a cool dark area. sun and heat destroy thc. adding fruits into the jar will only create mildew and ruin the smell and tastes of the bud.[/quote]

You are very wrong my friend, there are ways, it's just rather pointless.

13. [quote name='"ihaveaids"']I open them 2 times a day once in the morning and once at night, so is it better to open the jars often or just as needed.[/quote]

Well if they're "too dry for your liking then keep the jar closed until you smoke. If you want to cure them open it I'd say every 2-5 hours. But thats just what I do, others have different ways.

14. I am not wrong in any way period. Your a new grower, i've been around blade.

Do your homework.

15. You're wrong in every way possible, period. you're the one who must be new, you obviously haven't been around enough.

How do you think think rehydrating tobacco works? you put those little discs with a droplet of water and it distributes the moisture, that hard to figure out? it does work with orange peels, or well anything with water in it. you don't believe us? go try it, because i know it will work.

Also a open jar in a room with a hot shower going works too.

do YOUR homework.

16. A piece of lettuce surely works...don't know what the Hell that guy is talking about. Also bread, even a fan leaf off a fresh mj plant.

17. #17 bwitsne, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Go do your homework bud. Your cannot add moisture back into the buds naturally. Go do your lettuce in a jar shit, any of the long time growers here will agree with me that once the bud is dry, just smoke it, there is no more CURING to be done once oils and other natural liquids have dried out

go smoke ur lettuce buds. maybe im a connoisseur and don't want my weed around fruit and veggies, or adding H20 into the weed or what ever your method of choice is

18. fail...

you in fact are wrong. i kno alot of grower that re moisten there buds. after they fully dryout and branches snap u can re moisten. just dont over do it. never had any mold ever.
    dont use a orange pill either that shit will fuck with the bud smell taste. my buddy re moistens with a humidifier in a closed box he made. I just use a little bit of lettuce.

19. no body is gonna wanna smoke ur crumbling shaky buds. u just grow for personal im guessing?

20. [quote name='"BlankIT"']

You're wrong in every way possible, period. you're the one who must be new, you obviously haven't been around enough.

How do you think think rehydrating tobacco works? you put those little discs with a droplet of water and it distributes the moisture, that hard to figure out? it does work with orange peels, or well anything with water in it. you don't believe us? go try it, because i know it will work.

Also a open jar in a room with a hot shower going works too.

do YOUR homework.[/quote]

Thank you. I was going to rage at this guy for obviously not really knowing much about the topic. There are plenty ways.