Over 93% of Americans Agree that Medical Cannabis Should be Legalized, According to Poll

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Aug 20, 2013.

1. A U.S. News poll has found that over 93% of Americans believe that cannabis is medicine, and should be legalized for medicinal purposes. U.S. News is one of the nation's oldest and most respected political news organizations, founded in 1933.

The poll, which has been questing readers for over 10 days, is found within an article which discusses the recent change of perspective by neurosurgeon Sanjay Gupta (CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent), who recently apologized to the public for opposing medical cannabis in the past, and now believes strongly that it should be legalized.

After discussing this shift, a poll asks readers “Is Sanjay Gupta Right About Medical Marijuana?” An overwhelming majority believe he is, with over 93% of respondents saying “Yes”.

Although an online poll – regardless of how respected the source – is far from a scientific examination of public opinion, it's still a clear indication that those who oppose medical cannabis are in a (very) small minority.

2. I feel like this number was around 70-75% not too long ago...it's amazing how much influence one celebrity doctor can have. It's a step in the right direction.

3. I talk to people about this ( and other politics) alot and I've noticed a huge difference between now and say 5 years ago. 5 years ago it would be very mixed, but now mostly everyone I talk to agrees that it should be allowed for medical.

4. I talk to people about this ( and other politics) alot and I've noticed a huge difference between now and say 5 years ago. 5 years ago it would be very mixed, but now mostly everyone I talk to agrees that it should be allowed for medical.

5. This seemed like great news at first, but after reading where this statistic came from there's a good chance the result is very biased.

6. I'm glad someone isn't asleep at the wheel.  Internet polls - give me a break.  No doubt though that a substantial majority of people agree with medical.

7. Is this a Grass City poll?

8. I'd say that most people do not care very much, but they'll go along with what Gupta says.  If another celb said no to medical mj, they'd probably agree with that as well.