Outdoorish 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by inda, Apr 21, 2018.

1. SWR 5
    IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1496.JPG IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1493.JPG
    WWxROG
    IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1506.JPG
    White Lavender
    IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1508.JPG
    SWR 17
    IMG_1509.JPG IMG_1510.JPG
    Thai 5
    IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1512.JPG
    Thai 7
    IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1515.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. And some other pics.
    IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. I had a chance to earn a alright money for a long day of work so I only got to check my girls out in the dark today. I really should not and went and done the job and my body will pay for it for days but it allowed me to secure the rest of the hi phos guano and potassium silicate need to finish out my girl as best I can. I am looking at a week of rain starting early AM, and I will soon find out how well I have supported my girls. I welcome it in a way because it will give them a nice wash but there is always the chance PM blows up or worse Bot. I have also stripped many girls of varying degrees most fairly benign in the top 3rd of the plant and a couple more aggressive to see the outcome. The most stripped plant is the "green" Rog and she is pretty much naked. My though behind this is: 1 to see what such an aggressive (way more then I normally would) strip will do, 2 she is located almost up on a rhododendron which is a major spore vector, 3 she is not my choice pheno of the Fire OG and 4 she had the most PM of any other plant and I intend to hand treat any pm from here on out. I also went heavy on the White Lavender (freebie seed which was a minor contender) and the SWR 17 (she will still regrow some what because she just started flower) both of which are under cover in the greenhouse. The CBD had a fairly heavy strip also but she also had a significant number of leaves to start with which encompassed her branches. My other ROG had a medium strip and maybe exposed about half of her top end. Then the remaining except the Thai have had only a small portion of the top opened up to increase light penetration. I will use my PAR light meter once the rain clears to give a quantitative answer to how well light penetrates the canopy. I have also decided to start expressing things via weight, my reason for doing so is that it is of much greater use to some one when scaling up and down and that it will easier to compare with synth nutes. I also feel it is disingenuous to provide others with general measurements in volumes when weight is really what matters when it comes to ppm, dry or liquid, when instead one can provide the information needed so they can adapt to their situation and available resources. I have gone with observation and intuition for many years since going organic but would also like to translate that into what I used to DWC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Greenhouse today, have pictures from yesterday outside on camera and will load them later.

WW x Fire OG
    IMG_20180917_111603.jpg IMG_20180917_111618.jpg
    White Lavender
    IMG_20180917_111646.jpg IMG_20180917_111658.jpg
    SWR 17
    IMG_20180917_111708.jpg IMG_20180917_111719.jpg
    Chocolate 7
    IMG_20180917_111729.jpg IMG_20180917_111739.jpg
    Chocolate 5
    IMG_20180917_111748.jpg IMG_20180917_111813.jpg

5. This is the SWR 5 in the 500. She is further behind then the others but is starting to have flower set. I hope she fills in like the Master Purple has just on a larger scale.
    IMG_20180917_141444.jpg IMG_20180917_141454.jpg IMG_20180917_141546.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Master Purple, she is a little further along in flower than the first. She is covered in long slender buds her structure has formed but she has yet to swell.
    IMG_20180917_141927.jpg IMG_20180917_141915.jpg IMG_20180917_141957.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. The CBD had started to show flower earlier then the others but then just stalled for a week. The strain is supposedly 55-60 day
    IMG_20180917_141620.jpg IMG_20180917_141659.jpg IMG_20180917_141628.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. White Widow x Fire OG BX1. She is has a very dark purple starting to take hold in the flowers.
    IMG_20180917_141856.jpg IMG_20180917_141806.jpg IMG_20180917_141801.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. White Widow
    IMG_20180917_142348.jpg IMG_20180917_142422.jpg IMG_20180917_142435.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Strawberry Cough
    IMG_20180917_142307.jpg IMG_20180917_142319.jpg IMG_20180917_142324.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. "Green" Fire OG. I cut her back hard but flowers are doing fine.
    IMG_20180917_142115.jpg IMG_20180917_142132.jpg IMG_20180917_142208.jpg IMG_20180917_142236.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. And the prettiest girl so far, "Red" Fire OG
    IMG_20180917_104216.jpg IMG_20180917_104241.jpg IMG_20180917_114718.jpg IMG_20180917_141711.jpg IMG_20180917_141718.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. IMG_20180919_144151.jpg IMG_20180919_144220.jpg IMG_20180919_144247.jpg I bumped up phos tea to today that way I can catch atleast one sunny day before rain hits again and will hit them again Tuesday. I have also already found a few bad flowers on the "red" Fire OG most likely from the last batch of rain which soaked the girls. It is very minor so far but will have to pay close attention to it, I most likely have alot more rain for days a a time before they are all finished. The red still has some time left on her even with all the trichs and color showing in her already. She still has not swelled up yet and her flowers are still loose and fluffy which I hope pick up density soon because I have a feeling she will get pulled early if the weather doesn't cooperate. For now I am looking at a bunch of rain over the weekend and then another patch of sun to finish out the month and I hope to atleast bring her this far. Of the stuff I cut away I should have just enough good material for a joint in about a week when it is dry. It will be the first Fire OG I have had in two seasons and then my first new stuff I grew of this year.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cut out some more crap from the "Red", she seems to weak to mold and that is a shame because she is a pretty plant. I debated chopping it and turning it to hash because she is still very fluffy but decided to hold out through the coming rain. I am more concerned about the risk she poses to the other girls then necessarily her alone and will toss her if mold takes a foothold. The "Green" pheno on the other hand has fairly dense flowers already but is less visually appealing as the red. I would like to take them both through at least the end of the month one needs the bulk and the other the trichs. The remaining girls still have some time to go with the CBD and White Widow leading the pack. At the very end I have the two Chocolate Thais they are just starting to flower and I am expecting 12 weeks plus of flower on these if they are what they are claimed to be. In the near future I plan to set up something to augment their light because they will be flowering when peak daylight equals shit. I have a few days of moderate rain and then forecasted for sun finishing out the month.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wow have not posted in awhile. My tablet is down (which I usually use outside) and have had alot of things keeping me busy besides my girls. Rain and Botrytis pressure have required me to chop down some of my girls already.
    First was the Red Fire OG, when it reached a point where I had to cut out bad bud daily I decided to cut her down and wash all the flower. She had a nice frosty layer of trichs but the buds had not swelled up yet and that was a major killer on the yield. The flower just got bagged up into paper bags for awhile before some of it goes into jars the remainder which is very fluffy will most likely go to hash. I can already smell a berry undertone without cure but she predominately has a strong earthy hash smell. Super sticky buds even for being early but the Rascal Og has always seems to stay that way even after a year making seem like it is not dry. At the end of the day she was a pretty plant but she was posing a risk to the much larger plants around her and had reached a point where she was useful for making hash.
    Next to get chopped was her sister the green pheno Fire OG, unlike her sister she had already had firm flowers but fewer of them. She was allowed 3 more days then her sister and really would have benefited if she went until the 10th. Overall I think i only had to toss 4 bud sites off her and did not seem to have the same issues with fungus as her sister. It is hard to say though if this is due to a small difference in genetics or the fact I heavily stripped her for increased airflow. I do believe though that stripping her contributed to her flowers becoming denser faster due to the increased light on the flowers. I chopped her mainly because of coming rain and that she had already had dense flower which is more then enough for me for the remainder of the year. I have smoked some of her already which was taken about 5 days before final chop and it is extremely potent uncured and cut early.
    After her chopped the CBD, she also had started to display bot issues and I veiwed her as a risk the the larger SWR and the Master Purple which is not purple lol. For being in a smaller container she still seem to produce a decent amount of of flower although this pheno I have is extremely leafy. I have yet to try any of her flower so cant not comment on that yet but already leaning on making mostly edibles from it. As of right now I do not se myself running this again but that may change after I have a chance to try her out.
    The next day, the 4th, I cut down the WWxRog bx. She had a couple spots I have had to cut out but fore the most part she was fairly close to being done and I needed her out of the way. This weekend was supposed to be rainy, and it was, so I decided to pull her while it was still sunny and I had time to chop her with my current schedual. The yield was not that great compared to some of the others so far but she is probably the most "mature" bud I have. Currently she has been broken up and tossed on the drying rack.
    The next was the White Widow, she was not planned and had snapped at her main stem about 3' over the crown due to heavy rain Friday night. I was outside smoking a joint just after midnight and went out to shake the water off my girls and found her and the Strawberry Cough leaning hard from the rain. The WW had almost reach the point where she hit the ground and so I decided to cut her all down immediately in the dark . So far she is my only unwashed flower due to the fact that I ended up pulling her in the middle of the night, although I already intended to take her down the next day. No clue how much flower she actually produced but it was a lot from a 20 gallon.
    The next morning I could see that the Strawberry Cough had also broken some of her stems and I proceeded to chop her all the way down. She really could have used more time. maybe 2 more weeks, but had already started to form some larger colas and they had already become very aromatic. She definitely has a strong strawberry aroma and probably the second best out of the 30 some plants of this strain I have been in contact with over the years. She may be the best after cure. Given I cut her up under daylight albeit tired from cutting down the WW just before I was able to wash all her flower. Mostly stripped wet weight was over 4 kg of which I am happy with for being a couple weeks early, I have had some phenos push into November in the past.
    My tablets usb port broke so my easy fast was to load pics is down but I did get some pictures of the last few days and will put them up later. I am looking at cutting the Master not Purple next, she seems to be holding up pretty well and is currently taking a beating from the rain. I would like to see her finish out and will allow her to do so if she can make it through the next batch of rain to sunnier weather at the end of the week. The SWRs all have some time to go, it seems like I ended up with nothing but slower phenos of her but they do not seems to care on bit about the weather so far. The biggest one though is the furthest behind and I will be fully at the whims of the weather late into this month. It would be a shame to lose her but I am also very well aware of the possibility. My greenhouse girls have been sorta ignored lately because they are safe from the weather and I expect the WWxRog and White lavender to finish up first. I will try to post up some pics soon but for the time being I need to get back to breaking down stuff from my drying lines into the racks before I may be forced to cut down the Master Purple. My drying lines do not have the room right now if I have to cut her right now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Two days ago.

Master not so purple
    IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1649.JPG
    SWR #1
    IMG_1654.JPG IMG_1656.JPG
    SWR #5
    IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1673.JPG
    A pile of Strawberry Cough (on 2x4 bench)
    IMG_1668.JPG IMG_1667.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Strawberry Cough before chopped.
    IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1660.JPG

White Widow
    IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1647.JPG

4 days ago.

Fire OG Green Pheno a handful of flowers before washing.
    IMG_1604.JPG
    White Widow x Fire OG bx before being cut down
    IMG_1621.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. One more day of rain and then it is supposed to let up for a week. I had to cut a few buds off the MkPk and expect there is more to follow tomorrow but overall she has very little damage. I am hoping she will be able to make the most of the coming sun and fill out a little more although she would be perfectly fine for chopping now. I am also hoping for the SWR #1 to fill out before the next rain but I am not positive that will be enough time. She also has had to have some flower removed maybe about 1/4 oz worth. I am very impressed with her stem strength she has yet to lean over from heavy rain and has been unphased by the wind. Her sister #5 is atleast a week behind her maybe as much as 10 days in term of development. She has also had a few moldy spots of which where located near the CBD and Red Fire OG. It is very hard to inspect her and there is some sections of the canopy I am unable to see which for all I know is harboring a major outbreak of botrytis but I do not think so. Currently trying to come up with a plan for cropping her out if she finishes. As it is right now I am going to have to have pretty much all my drying space available open to deal with all her flower come harvest.

19. The MkPk did not make it, amazing how fast Bot can take hold. She seemed to be doing ok but looking at her under the sun today she had little spots of rot starting all over the place. I managed to find a little flower that was clean and kept it to see if it makes it through drying but for the most part I tossed all of it. Probably tossed what would have been 2.5-3 lbs of flower. Got it all cut down and out of the site since there is still the two SWRs back there. Long range forecast shows pretty much sunny days finishing out the month so there is a chance they will finish if they do not start to rot like the kush. Something else I have noticed is a ton of squirrels hanging out in the garden in the last week. There was about half a dozen in there when I went out this morning. up to all sorts of fuckery, the cat has been slacking. There is a walnut tree nearby and they have been placing nuts in my grow bags and found them actually climbing around in the MkPk which makes me wonder if there was something more then just rain that led to my girls laying over the other day. I have also noticed more bud worms in the plant I chopped today, not a major infestation but enough to cause problems. Over the winter I intend to make some major improvements to the site which will allow me to suspend netting in veg and then poly in the fall over the whole area to eliminate these issues.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ouch, lady down! Ive only had bot on two plants and I lost 2-3 ounces....2-3 pounds! Geez bot is a nightmare. May the rest of your harvest be bot free bruddah!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk