Outdoorish 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by inda, Apr 21, 2018.

1. I hope she is the odd type, the buds may be small on them but even the stems have trichs on them. It may be one of the best plants for making hash. The first time I grew her it was in one of those small 2*4 tents and she barely fit but got almost a oz of bubble hash off her. I had also pulled her about 20 days early because I was moving hence the reason it got turned into bubble. I only kept a small paper bag of flower because I really had no way to dry and cure it. Any of the ones I have grown since have had smaller regular buds and form cola's. They have always been pretty potent plants based off effect instead of a percentage. For example I did not have this weed for about 4 years from the first time growing it to growing it again and that first joint was on the edge of being psychedelic. Mind you at the time I was usually eating 200-300mg doses so I have a farely high tolerance. It was a icy night mid January so after smoking a joint I walked down to the gas station. The walk normally takes me 6-7 minutes but that night more like 30 and not because I was so stoned I couldn't walk it was because I had to stop and look at everything. Everything was glistening and sparkling with light like a Christmas tree with white lights and silver ornaments. I as would like to also mention I have possibly also made a similar walk, and nearly identical weather conditions after eating 4g of mushrooms and found it less amazing. The only sad thing is it loses its magic after smoking it very often, but it still remains a very energetic head high that allows go out and get things done. It is also not a strain that you should drive or operate heavy machinery on, it doesn't make you tired and want to sit on your ass but it is intoxicating.
    It still fetches 18-20 euro in Amsterdam and has been around 3 decades. Even in Rec States it is impossible to find and even then it is usually much more expensive (200-300% higher) then comprobable other strains. Plus a bag of it does not look impressive specially to an untrained eye would think your trying to sell them a bag of larf for three times the price. The cost comes basically from the time it takes to grow her, mine will be over a year old by the time harvest comes around. I purposely kept mine smaller via various techniques but if she is allowed ample soil to grow on her own she will get extremely tall. I almost lost my first ones due to 250% stretch and had to get very creative with binding the plant. Fastest you could probably do her is 155 days with LARGE clones and 180 days from seed. So hard for commercial outfits to viably run and those who do charge a premium and have limited stock. I wish she was common because I would just buy an expensive ass 1/8 every 3 months so it is more "magic" because the alternative is to grow one out for half a year and than manage to not smoke it all up.
    I plan on cloning and producing selfed seeds from GS1, 2016 Dr Grinspoon pollinated with red vein WWxROG, she was different than all her sisters with those extra skinny ass leaves so I kept her. So even if she gives me no mutant bud balls she still allows alot of light in because of leaf structure and is a prime candidate for tight inter plant spacing or trimming into dense multi stemmed bushes. I have no clue how long she will take male was from 70 day strain and the mother was from a 110 day. I will plan for the longer. The same with my chocolate thai, I do not know yet if it is real as this is first run but given how the genetics were acquired I lean more likely than not. She could push into late winter also so I atleast have 3 plant's going to justify the cost of keeping them warm and augmenting their light. Eventually I will get more Grinspoon seeds but not until I have a dedicated setup for them for now I am just going with the cross I have and seeing what she does. Already planning next year but that is another rant.

Today SWR #5 the backside NE, lowest light exsposure.
    IMG_20180808_182639.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. IMG_4207.JPG IBL seedsman White widow ️turned 10 seeds into 200

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greencure on the cheap. Adding this too my spray line up to keep PM in check, tomorrow was supposed to be copper sulfate but may go ahead with a bicarbonate wash and then apply copper a day or two later. The reverse means I just wash the copper off. The weekend may bring rain possibly thunderstorms, it would be the first real rain since June and that will determine when the copper goes back on. I am roughly following an alternating five day cycle between copper sulfate and neem with my next neem spray being the last.
    IMG_20180809_113437.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Considering moving my girls around tonight, I could probably get a better canopy that way and also pull them off the hedge side some to improve light. I put up netting on the 500 gallon and used the small cut off pieces on the CBD and the Widow. I will eventually need some more because the girls are starting to jump up past the bamboo. I find the netting a pain come harvest time but it can make the difference between having and not having broken branches if I get hit with a hard storm come fall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have made the change over to green light in the green house and it removes the last of the light pollution that hits my girls throughout the night. Some of them are starting to stack and expect the remainder to follow suit now that the white light is gone. I will probably add the 0-12-0 as a top dress in a few days and sit back and watch the show. Not much to do now other then look them over and water them until harvest comes when everything becomes hectic with long days and nights and little sleep.

• Like Like x 2
  6. All but my big girl got washed down with potassium bicarbonate (2 tsp per gallon) this evening. I usually try to apply things at the same time but decided to wait because I did not want her wet when it got dark. I also reorganized my girls so the ROGs and the master purple would get a little more light. I am trying to get my girls as far away from the hedge as possible to avoid shading. I am expecting to see hedgehogs soon, originally thought it was going to be the CBD first but the red pheno ROG and Master Purple have very quickly caught up and looking like they will pass up the CBD. Tomorrow I will get some current photos up although a little harder to see how much each has grown since switching positions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Front Left is ROG #3, right behind her is the Master Purple, Front Right GS1 she will eventually not be there, then riight behind her is WWxROG (Bx to male WW)
    IMG_0877.JPG
    The White Widow back in the corner
    IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG Small space between the 500 gallon and other girls to hopefully let enough light in for the netting to fill out.
    IMG_0888.JPG SE face of 500 gallon
    IMG_0886.JPG
    Canopy on 500 Gallon
    IMG_0887.JPG A Place to hide from the sun
    IMG_0885.JPG
    The 3 Girls going into the Greenhouse once it cools, it is currently 110 the greenhouse.
    IMG_0907.JPG

8. CBD
    IMG_0890.JPG
    ROG #3, red pheno
    IMG_0893.JPG
    Master Purple
    IMG_0896.JPG
    A leaf off the WWxRog Bx
    IMG_0905.JPG
    Evil PM
    IMG_0904.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_20180813_162810.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. 7 years ago, look at last photo, that is the Strawberry cough I want to see again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have also decide to resurrect this thing .Macro PC Grow Box 48u x 2
    I will use this as my base for selfing some of the generics I have in play this season. I used this thing 6 years ago and I am curious as to what I could do with it now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I had lucked out and self pollinated a UKFemmSeed"TheWidow" last year at christmas had a good seed crop like 400 seeds and the damn roof collapsed in on it and flooded and wiped out all of them except a dozen white premies out of those I got one single plant this year and that strain is dead now but not before I bred it with seedsman white widow. I did a batch of str8 seedsman white widow too. The Red Diesel was a hermieing sob but Im not sure how I can force the Tangerine Dream to Herm. Do you use colloidal silver? i tried some but it didnt work one time. I like the Tangerine Dream one but Dont care for the G13haze taste like the afghani1 I mean its a good smoke but I dont think I like that heavy spice flavor

13. I use Gibberellin at 100 ppm, spray on the top of a branch for 5 days and then flip. It should produce male flowers only where it was spayed and pollinate the remainder of the plant. You want to use more nitrogen then normal flowering if you want good yield of seeds. With silver you want to flip your plant and spray a spot daily until boy parts show up. Alot of people claim it can trash you plant and should only be sprayed on the modes and not the leaves but I would attribute that to having ppms way to high, only need 20-40 ppm. Also probably better to make your own instead of buying it because there is a lot of "snake oil" going around because of the whole it cures everything craze. Either way both methods do the exact same thing to the plant by inhibiting the production of ethylene inside the plant causing the flowers to develop stamens with pollen only containing an X chromosome. This year I will probably go with silver if my GA3 is no good, I have kept it in the fridge the whole time but it is many years old and it does degrade.

• Like Like x 3
  14. IMG_20180816_142808.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. As of this afternoon many of the girls are starting fluff up with pistils. There is no true hedgehogs yet but very close. The CBD is actually getting passed up in development by some of the bigger girls but she is supposedly about 55 days flower so expect some speedy growth coming up from her. The red pheno ROG, #3, is currently ahead of the pack and has well over 100 flower sites forming on her. I tried to cut her back to encourage a more vertical form with fewer larger cola but she does not want to do that. Instead she has held firm on being a bush and covered in finger sized stacks. She has the Master Purple right on her heels, she has also shown signs of flower but in the last 24 has really started kick out pistils. She has maintained a more vertical growth pattern but as of lately is forming more club shaped colas where the leader branch has slowed down its elongation and the sides have grown up even with it. Then the Green pheno ROG, #6, is a few days back from the other two but is still further along then the rest. The White Widow is stacking really tight with a little fuzz starting to form, she is going to give me many dozen long and slender buds. The CBD probably falls about here in terms of current development compared to the rest. The WWxR0Gs and SWRs are showing early flower signs and the Strawberry Cough is pulling up the rear. The 3 sativas Gs1 and Thais are starting to stack on the end and very rapidly elongating by the day. I am hoping that they do not out grow my greenhouse door before the end of the month. Worst case I am prepared to cut out plastic on the side to get them in but anything taller then 7' with container will be a tight fit. Once inside they have room to get to 9'-10'. I plan on changing the door on my greenhouse from a standard door to a custom made one which will increase the width to 4' and then 7' of height. This will probably not happen before the girls have to go in though because it is dependent on other changes I have planed such as a side addition to the greenhouse which will naturally be shaded to roughly provide 12/12 of light in the summer for growing large leaf basil and flowering the occasional smaller girl. I have a lot of changes planed for my current setup to get better use out of my limited space. I will be giving my girls a permanent spot of there own because I allowed them to interfere to much with my propagation of food crops and that set me back pretty bad this season. Just need a bunch of time and more money to get it done but both of those seems to be in short supply this year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #97 SelfGoverned, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    edited

17. I have been on and off here pretty much from when I got a medical card after I left the military. I grew many years before then but at that point it was mostly was on the whim of nature and what little info I could get from a book from the 70s on growing cannabis. I learned a lot from these forums talking with others and reading their journals, this place used to be a lot busier or at least seemed that way. Probably the most important thing I have found is taking good notes, that way when you royally screw something up one can go back and figure out what not to do, lol. That is part of the reason I run journals, even when it seems like I am talking to myself. For a couple years I ran mostly DWC and kept very close notes to minimize tank changes and wasting solution, preferably the only changes were on transition from veg to flower and flush. When I switched to mostly organic methods I applied same data into determining amendment rates. Overall the goal is similar, to eliminate waste, by making soil that is pretty much just add water and on top of that as little as possible with preferably no run off. Less work spent mixing bottled fertilizer means more time can be spent observing and shaping my girls.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Slacking big time first tea of the year. 50 gallons of water about 5 cups of 0-12-0 guano, 2 cups kelp meal, 4 cups molasses and a cup of Epsom salt. I would have added Alfalfa and EWC but I am out right now.
    IMG_20180817_174500.jpg
    The main way into my secret forest.
    IMG_20180817_181814.jpg

Red Pheno ROG front and center. Behind her to the left is the Master Purple and to the right is SWR #1 IMG_20180817_181805.jpg

In between the 500 gallon SWR and the CBD on the stump is the Green pheno ROG, the Master Purple is on the right behind the CBD
    IMG_20180817_181842.jpg

"Front side" SE 500 gallon SWR. The raspberries are creeping back into the area. The left side behind the SWR is the Green pheno ROG and you can not see much more than her bottom but there is another SWR in the center.
    IMG_20180817_181902.jpg

The top of the 500, some of the tips are 8"-10" over the screen.
    IMG_20180817_181930.jpg

The White Widow.
    IMG_20180817_182003.jpg

A side branch on the Widow. I am really happy with the node spacing on her, should produce many long slender buds.
    IMG_20180817_182017.jpg
    The three Sativas, front to back GS1, Thai #7 then Thai #5
    IMG_20180817_182100.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Yeah Movin those huge pots around must be fun