outdoor transplating?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sonyvaio2, Jun 2, 2010.

1. #1 sonyvaio2, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    i have 12 seeds out of germination, in cups, and have sprouted a couple inches in what seemed overnight. my plan is once there a little more estableshed, to transplant them into my first guerilla grow canyon. i have a few different spots that im planning to put em here, in this canyon all plants and natural vegetation are thriving, so i think its a good pick.
    heres the questions. how far apart do they need to be spaced for them to grow to there full potential (right now the spaces i have marked out for each plant are about two feet apart) or can i just dig a trench say 4 or 5 feet long, 2 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and still have the plants share it? is it also ok for the plant to be planted on a slope, with slight bushes blocking the sun, but still allowing lots of light in? next, when i mix good soil with the natural soil, im proboly only going to be able to mix about a couple feet deep or so, once the plant gets big enough its proboly going to petrude out of mix soil into native soil. what kind of affects will this have on the plant if it undergoes such a possibly drastic change, (being how the native soil is kind of rocky?) and lastly can anyone tell me a little about soil cooling after the mix, or whats the story behind that.

thank you everyone and give as much useable feedback as possible.:)

2. Planting outdoors is great if your plants are about a foot tall planting to soil is fine. If they are smaller they might need some protection (soda bottle with bottom cut out placed over seedlings). If they are already getting full sun then you dont need to harden them off. As for soil each plant should have at least 3ft to grow to full potential (depending on strain and growing method) I tie mine down so they take up more sq ft. However they arent as tall. As far as slope, that shouldn't be aproblem as long as native plants don't completly block it from the sun, if they do you can trim them back or remove them completely. Removing them completely should only be done after you are sure they can survive your local winds. In regards to soil mix whatever you can afford for each plant, do this about a week before planting. If you can only give them a little good soil then just break up surrounding soil to loosen for your roots also when you transplant if possible try to give them an inch or so of their original potting mix surrounding rootball this helps with burn and shock. Best of luck. And happy growing.

3. thanks for the reply, it helped greatly, just clearing a couple, you said it needs three feet for full growing potential. do you mean three foot hole for one plant or can i still use the trench technique and just make it 3 feet deep (only because im working with limited amounts of space). and you were saying if they are already getting full sun you dont have to harden them off. well right now they are in my backyard, all are just a few inches tall. im waiting for,as you were saying to be established at about a foot or so tall before transplanting. they are going to be going from full sun all day in my yard to a bit more covered of a spot, but still lots of sun, will this be okay. or is this a situation were you would reccomend me "hardening" them off.

thanks again from a fellow so-cal guerilla