outdoor questions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigreeves1188, May 7, 2010.

1. Hey guys im brand new and trying to fine tune my plans a little. Im planning to grow 6 all together ( 3 LSD & 3 puple haze) and spacing them out about 2 feet apart in the ground. Im going to be mixing the soil with peet moss, compost, and a cheap form of potting soil(whatever i find cheapest at the time....organic though dont worry). I plan on using fox farms grow big and big bloom for veg and flowering respectively. Im just not sure on the amount of water i will need per plant or total. I have read on the fox farm website that about 2 tblspns per gallon of water is a good mix but how much water will hold it over for a couple days? I will probly end up spraying them and pouring water into the roots. I am a complete newbie guy here so any help is appreciated

2. Don't be cheap on your soil. If you are using it as an amendment just get two or 3 bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest and mix it equally with the dirt for each hole. Dig BIG holes and add perlite to your soil mix so you have drainage and avoid root desease's and pests.

Space your plants more than 2' apart, outdoors your plants are going to take off it fed/watered and loved properly. I would plan on them being from 4' to 6' tall (unless your topping and training a bunch) and taking up at least 4' of space each. You want to be able to get around each one to prune if you need too and allow light to all areas of the plant during the daytime cycle.

Watering is going to vary greatly outdoors depending on temperature. You'll find you need to adjust quite often the amounts you water. Also, on your nutrients...start at half the doseage they are calling for, it's plenty. When in bloom, I increase my dose to full strentgh around the last 3 - 4 weeks of flowering to fatten them up.

A good way to tell if you need to water is to check the top two inches of soil around the plant. If it's dry, it's probably time to water. This is a good trick, but can also bite you if you don't add enough perlite and the lower root ball stays too saturated. Your plant will tell you it's being over watered with drooping leaves, back off quickly and you'll be OK.

There is absolutely NO reason to spray your plants leaves with anything unless you are using a pesticide to fix a problem. Avoid that, you can cause leaf burn it the light is too intense during the day.

Always water in the morning as well...avoid watering at night as itt promotes root rot, fungus, mold, nasty shit.

If you dig the right size hole for an outdoor plant, you'll probably use at least 2 gallons of water per plant per watering, also dependant on how good your drainage is again.

Hope that helps man.

3. awesome man thanks for all the help the climate is muggy during the summer months so i think it will be ok for around 4-5 days using about 1.5-2 gallons of water on a 2.5ftacross and 2 ft deep hole and i will definatly add the perlite and increase spacing thanks again