Outdoor: Pots or Natural Soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ummagumma21, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Hey ya'll I'm growing in a middle of nowhere area, and I would like to know if it is better to grow the plants in big clay pots or to plant em straight in the ground.
    I will be borrowing some soil from my mom's garden ;) , which contains ample amounts of manure and very good pH levels and all that. I will obviously be fertilizing as well.
    Also what should I do to prevent animals from pestering my plants? I live in the great lakes region.

2. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use fertilizer on plants until a certain age.

3. I would amend the planting area with your mom's gardent dirt, then place the seeds in the ground.

The only real advantage to leaving them in pots is the ease of movement in the case of a security breach.

4. Ok thanks. I don't have to worry about security, period. I literally live in the middle of nowhere. If this summer's grow goes well, I'll get an actual mini field going next year.

5. Yea that's what I meant, I was just trying to find out the pots v. ground issue.