Outdoor Plants growth during Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LordOfWeed, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hey gc haven't been on in a while but wanna get back into it.

I want to know how much plants grow outdoors once flowering sets in

I know it all depends on strain and condition but that's fine to bring up too.

Right now my plants are starting to pre flower... We switched to the bloom formula 8 days ago.

The blue dream sativas had a massive growth spurt vertically growing about 10" taller in that time but now really filling out.

The chem dawg indicas shot up too but only about 3 inches.. They haven't started their bush out growth spree yet I am expecting that around August 20.

In my opinion and from what I've seen outdoor plants generally double in overall size whether they are trees or bushes.

What has been your experience?

2. This is a good idea for a thread as I was thinking of this too.

I have 5 girls in flower.

First is a unknown strain indica dominant hybrid. She was topped at around 4 feet. Last week she was around my chin now she is almost taller than me. But since she was topped she got VERY bushy recently after starting to flower. The lower branches are shooting for the top. Looks amazing.

Second is also an unknown strain. She's a sativa dominant hybrid. She was never topped but last week she was around my shoulder. Now she is almost as tall as me. She really branches out. Looking like a real christmas tree.

3, 4, and 5 are very indica Blue Widow. Blueberry X White Widow for those who don't know. One has shot up like crazy. From my chest to my forehead in a week. The other at my shoulder right now and really bushing out. The last one is kinda a weak pheno. She's lanky with small leaves/branches but still up to my nose. Probably grew a good 5 inches since a couple days ago.

And this only at the very beginning of flowering. Like one set of pistils at each bud site(hard to see unless you look for it). I can't imagine how they will get in 2weeks or so when they are fully flowering.

3. I know I'm very excited for this portion of the grow. From here until harvest is seriously such a beautiful thing to watch

4. I know man the flowering of cannabis is just memorizing and amazing to watch. My harvest last year was extra sticky from checking up on them so much (if you know what I mean).

5. Haha yeah it turns in to a sticky jungle the last 2 weeks when you have rows. I fucking love it. It's pretty intense. And the stickiness and stickiness means its going good

6. Lol dude I'm gonna be a little immature here but I was cracking a joke. As in they're so beautiful and amazing to watch I would jizz all over them when I check up on them. Hence the extra sticky buds.

7. [quote name='"Stride420"']Lol dude I'm gonna be a little immature here but I was cracking a joke. As in they're so beautiful and amazing to watch I would jizz all over them when I check up on them. Hence the extra sticky buds.[/quote]

Y you talking about whipping ur dick out and actually jacking off all over your marijauana plants...

No ones going to wana smoke that it will taste like fishhh

8. Maybe he eats pineapple? That's how they got pineapple express you know.

9. Ohhhh haha I didn't make that connection. I pussed on my runt twice so far. Well see how those nutes work

10. Who needs a bump?

11. The general rule of thumb for indoor plants is they double to triple in size after the lights are switched to 12-12. The thing is, the vast majority of growth appears in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering- when the buds haven't really shown yet and the plants are still going through "the stretch".

Outdoor plants go through the same stretch. The problem is, a lot of people expect them to double to triple in size from the time buds appear. It just doesn't work that way. Just like indoors, the majority of growth happens from when the light starts to diminish at summer solstice until the buds appear. After that they go through relatively little upward growth.