Outdoor Oregon 1st grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sitka187, Feb 27, 2008.

1. So I'm considering growing near my beach cabin. (its several miles from the beach if that makes a difference) The area behind it is forest for miles. their is a logging trail but thats it. people rarely go there. I'm not sure who owns the land the forest is on. I can get my hands on some white widow clones, which would be sick. I'm considering 5 plants about 800 hundred yards into the in the forest. it would be a little bit of a hike. Here's the catch. Its my beach house. i live in the general Portland area and i could only make it out there once a week. should i involve one trustworthy person and divide the work? is it worth it at all? Its way out of the way of anyone so at least i probably wont be caught...

Also what do you recommend for someone in my situation? what should i use for soil thats not too intensive. What store bought mixes are best?

also i am unable to grow inside the beach house or my place, so thats out. it would have to be outdoor. i don't have a lot of money for gas so is it worth trying if i can only tend to plants every two weeks? one week?

thanks

2. as long as its remote and nobody is exploring out there, and the plants get alot of sunlight you should be alright.
    seeing it once a week is perfectly fine for an outdoor grow.

3. what about every two weeks? is that pushing it? also i will be on vacation for a month so i may need to get a friend involved anyway to take care of it for those weeks.

4. as long as the soil stays damp you should be good.

you could maybe try filling a garbage bag with water, and prick it with a pin and let it sit there watering the plant. never tried it myself, but it should work.

5. growing some oregon outdoor dank in the coastal mountains.....nice.:D The pacific ocean keeps temps pretty moderate during summer, so you won't have to water it that much compared to people in other parts of the country. plus, you might even get some rain in the coastals during summer. Growing higher up will make it all the more damp and mild.

....I'd love to see what the spot looks like, but I totally understand that you might be sketch about posting it.