Outdoor Lowryder growing in London UK

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RzRbLdDave, May 15, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I'm a first time grower - for personal use.

I've got some Lowryder seeds and I'm planning on having a go at growing them outside in June but its gonna be tricky cos I live in a first floor flat with a balcony, that gets the sun after midday.

My plan so far is to soak the seeds for 24 hours before planting in 2 gal pots. To get started I'm thinking about placing on my bathroom windowsill that gets the sun in the morning cos I've heard that Lowryder prefers morning sunshine over the afternoon sun, basically moving the pot from the windowsill after midday and placing on the balcony so it gets the rest of the days sun.

Planning to remove males on site after 3 weeks, as didn't want to shell out for feminized seeds in case the whole thing ends in failure.

Things I'm not sure about:

Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil (BioBiz is the UK equivalent) - is this needed, or will potting soil from somewhere like B&Q do?

Perlite - is this needed because it appears to aid drainage, so will a sand/gravel mix work just as well?

Fertilizer - so many choices, please can I get recommendations for stuff easily available in the UK?

Any advice that anybody can provide about my basic growing plan would be greatly appreciated?