Outdoor Las Vegas small grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Scoobyo, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Hello everyone I have read a lot on these forums and learned a lot as well. I wouldn't call myself a total beginner but by no means am I season grower.

The few questions I have that I can't find an answer to pertain to growing in the dry hot desert of Las Vegas.

My plant has been started from seed in soil outside the 1st of May. It wasn't too hot yet although the air is always lacking the proper humidity. As it is starting to get bigger and it is starting to get hotter outside I'm looking for advice as to keep that nice bright Sun shining on my plant but without causing heat damage. It gets Morning Light and mid-afternoon shade.

How do you keep the humidity up to the optimal levels in such a dry climate?

Any tips tricks or advice is welcomed thanks again. 20170503_123535.jpg 20170503_123535.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm in Mexicali and it's gonna hit 120° on Tuesday. Been 100ish plus for months. Plants are growing just fine. No taco heat stress. I recommend silica for drought and heat stress prevention, foliar spraying with pure water(just from sink no ph) at 11am, 12, 1pm, and water frequently. (No the sun won't burn the plant, that's a myth with pure water)

• Like Like x 3
  3. BUT if you spray your plants with oils then the h20 foliar spray could react with it and clog leaf pores, so in that regard be careful. But if the leaves r clean then just cool them off with straight water

4. I have mulch laid down on the yard so whenever humidity drops to like 10% I'll just water everything (including leaves) like you would with lawn

5. Can't see your pictures so I don't know if they're planted straight in the ground but that'll be best for the heat. Mulching the soil or media around your plant like skullbasher23 is a must.
    More plants = cooler air. Have other plants nearby. Use a shade cloth if the sun gets super strong.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

Attached Files:

7. The higher ratio of plants the easier itll be to control humidity. You can also put them closer to each other but not too close to increase it a bit. Oh and when I say water your lieavea I mean like a nice drizzle. Don't gush the leaves to the point where they hang like at night when they sleep

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Idk if Id bring them inside at night. You could affect the light cycle if that's what you've been doing for a while. It tends to be a little brighter outside in suburban areas compared to indoor at night. It might get more sensitive indoors and potentially be that much closer to hermie. That's why light leaks aren't as important outdoors compared to indoors. You're also not letting the plant build higher tolerances to nature. This includes cold nights, bugs and insane swings in temperatures/humidity (I too live in desert). You want to take the darwin approach outside otherwise you're gonna be taking care/spraying the plant it's entire life into flower when bugs and fungus probability ramps up

9. So I got a little extra Landscaping liner and cut a few pieces of wood and made a little shade for it. It's already in the hundreds here in Las Vegas I'm sure this will do me some justice

20170616_140732.jpg

10. wrap that black pot in cardboard, or go buy a tan smartpot at a hydro store, bigger pot = bigger plant

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 ManInDirt, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    It also looks like she has acclimated to the heat, I would ditch that shade cloth you have on it and let her go. Mine are growing like mad in 105f during this heat wave.