Outdoor in Michigan?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Grower91, Jul 5, 2009.

1. #1 Grower91, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    I've got a few plants that are doing pretty well as of now. They're about two feet tall, and actually didn't even germinate until May 11th, so I think that's good. My big concern is that on a lot of seed sites they say the harvest time for a lot of strains is as long as 8 or 9 months... Is it even possible, with an outdoor strain, to get even a small yield if the seeds aren't sprouted by early march or what?

Edit*** On a seed bands site when they say "Harvest Month: 8" do they mean September or eight months of growth to a harvest/

(Just so everyone knows I do feel retarded if that's the case, but also happy, lol.)

2. If it says "harvest month-8" that would be august. 9 being september, and so on. Most guys that grow in the northern states would plant in late may, and harvest in late september or early october, if they are growing a mostly indica strain, which one should if they are in a colder climate. Sativas tend to take longer to mature. (not so good for michigan).

3. I too am about to plant some nice indica seeds soon. i know they take about 8-10 weeks to finish (if im right...) outdoors. So they should be finishing like mid sept.

4. Okay that's good then. I should be good for next year... Thanks guys!

5. As far as i know they take 8-10 weeks to FLOWER and flowering is about to start... I would not plant this late. Plants grown outdoors need at least couple of months of vegetative growth.

6. about to flower? that totally depends where you live.

7. I lived in Mass. and the winters were pretty though to most of the vegetation. If may make a suggestion, finish your outdoor grow this summer, maybe next summer as well if you didnt go crazy with your operation this season, and invest to go indoors.

Im in South Am. now and I have just the right conditions to have a sustainable AK grow going pretty much all year round, but if I was still hustlin up there I would no doubt invest in an indoor operation.

8. Hey Everyone -

Yes.... What Hambonemcgee said above!! If you are in the northern part of the USA you need to be growing a mostly indica strain or an early finishing sativa strain. Otherwise you have very little chance to finish your plants before they freeze!

Kisses -
    Hott ;)

9. its too late to start here in MI. the plants are going to start showing sex in a little less than a month from now. good luck

my plants are loving all this weather