Outdoor growing in Canada

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KG25, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hello all,

I am a new grower looking to get some clones on the go for the summer time.

Im looking for people who have grown outdoors in canada before and know what materials and methods are required to get a yield when it comes time to harvest.

Im living in the maritimes currently so that'll be the environment ill be growing in.

some general questions i have and concerns are...

im worried that the sun is not strong enough or that there is not enough hours of sunlight in my area to support the vegetative stage...

similarly im worried that even if that plants can grow they may produce little or no buds...

how many plants would be good number for a first time out door grower to start with out doors?

when planting these babies should i simply put them in 5 gallon pales out side or should physically plant them in the earth?

what time of year is good to put them outside?

and how much attention do out door plants require?

any additional information that experienced outdoor growers have would greatly appreciated!

2. yikes. youre in one of the worst places to grow in canada. check your local frost averages to get a good idea of the season youll have. you may have to buy Auto Flowering strains or strains with a very short flowering period. you could probably get away with 5 gallon buckets depending on how long you veg them indoors. if you go by seed id save your best male and move him away to avoid accidentally pollinating your whole crop, then when his pollen is ready, pollinate a couple branches on your best female to have seeds for next seaon etc. as far as how many, look at the canadian laws and decide for yourself then consider your needs, how many clones/seeds you could get as well as how much work youre prepared to put in. outdoor plants dont usually require too much work as long as youve put them in decent soil and water often enough. hope that helps!