outdoor growing, F'n bugs...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MagicMike04, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Last time I grew outside I had a picture perfect plant, an it was starting to bud an it was devoured by inhuman mutant insects. I'm afraid to grow outside again cause I dont want the mutant bugs to destroy my crop again. Is there anyway without spraying my plants to get rid of bugs? I'm assuming if I spray them...then smoke them....I'll grow a third ear or some shit.

2. HIGH All, one of the best product on the market is Diatomaceous Earth it can be used against indoor and outdoor crawling insects, including cockroaches, ants, bedbugs, fleas, boxelder bugs, carpet beetles, centipedes, crickets, earwigs, grasshoppers, ticks, millipedes, scorpions, slugs, and silverfish.

DE is composed of finely milled fossilized shells of minuscule organisms called diatoms. The microscopically fine, sharp edges desiccate the insects' exoskeleton upon contact and the pests dehydrate and die within hours. The insects also die when they eat the dust.

3. I bought some stuff like that when the ants started

mutilating my plants. It works like a charm, i have some pics

on the damage they did in the sick plants section(i'll post pics later on the recovery, they look great now).

I also use this stuff to spread around my aloe and basil

plants at home. It sais its safe to even sprinkle the dust on

the plant itself(if your paranoid sprinkle it in a circle around

the plant) as long as the crops arent there yet. The insects WILL not cross into the territory with the dust. I found a june bug and some other ugly creature this morning in the backyard dead from this stuff. The ants will just leave. This dust is specifically made to use with plants like tomatoes. herbs, etc.

4. where does one get this stuff?

5. Got mine at walmart.

Read the labels, don't go stoned or it'll take you longer to find what your lookin for: dust, edible plant friendly, etc.

6. has anyone ever thought of nicotine? like taking a cigarette pack, cigar, tobacco, you know, and soaking it in water to get the nicotine out of it. then bottling it up and spraying your plant with it. nicotine is a natural insecticide soooooo it's worth a shot! lol, just a thought.

7. Extracting the nicotine is also very poisonous as you know, a few drops of almost pure nicotine in a cup of coffee will kill a human by night fall.

But, to think of what you said, if you just soak it in water and use the water for spray, instead of straining it thoroughly and then boiling the water out to concentrate it, that would be more advisable. But i'm no pro on insecticides only humanoid poisons:)
    I'd try it with a very week solution if at all, but then AGAIN i payed like 4 bucks for the dust, which is about the same price as a can of snuff, right, or less!