Outdoor grow almost over and it rained!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LouCabrazi, Aug 24, 2012.

1. I'm about a week from harvest and the buds are looking SO nice. Last night it decided to rain and now my plants are on the wet side. It's supposed to be warm today in So. Cal. do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. No, being that everything in nature grows outside and it rains and has survived all these billions of years youll be fine. What else can you do?

3. Yeah I figured so...I've read that rainwater is the best for plants anyway.

Thanks!

4. Dont know about that nowadays but soil acts as a buffer. Rain Water contains tons of industrial pollutants, car exhaust etc. Theres a reason why the majority of coal plants in the US are on the East Coast...close to the coal but the jet stream takes it out to the ocean where it eventually all dumps into.

Soil though acts sorta like your liver does. Tylenol is actually very toxic to humans but your liver is amazingly efficient. It can handle up to about 1500 mg according to the FDA a day before you start to poison yourself. Soil acts very like the same it filters out much of the toxins that are in rain water.

5. shake the water off you plants and buds gently to keep the sun from burning them. the sun is intensified through the rain drops. it will burn your plant with little burn spots where drops were so just shake them off gently

6. Yes shake them, it will help prevent mould too.

7. I would shake the water off the plant and hope for sunshine to dry it out. When moisture gets into the buds, it can sometimes cause mould.