Outdoor grow #2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bosox1789, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Hi all - I started these babies in early May so they're about 2.5 months old now. I've been using fox farm tiger bloom & grow big and i'm very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

I've been removing lower fan leaves if i see that they don't have 7 points to them. Is that ok/a good thing to do? Also, some leaves that are higher up on the plants have 1 point that has turned brown, does this mean I should rip this leaf off or let the plant do it's thing?

Any other suggestions are always welcome

Attached Files:

2. i do not think the lower fan leaves are an issue, if they are healthy i would leave them on there even if they arent getting. there is that one website i think www.ganjaguerilla.net you can look and see if the leaves have an issue.

3. personally, i leave the fan leaves, because if you think of it theyre like giant solar panels you know?

but your babies are looking great. you like the tiger boom? what store did you buy it from?

i havnt used it personally but im always willing to try it.

4. i've been using tiger bloom and grow big together. the combination seems to be working but i've never used them separately so i can't say if i like the tiger bloom in particular. i didn't use any nutes last summer and these plants look way better already

well i live in MA but i go to school in syracuse, NY and i bought the fox farm stuff at a hydroponics store in syracuse

5. #5 madodah, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
    I never remove anything plants are still using. When plants are done with any particular growth, it becomes obvious and they'll mostly fall off themselves.

6. thanks for the input. I went out there today and saw something a little startling. a few leaves look like the one below with holes in it. should i be worried/whats the cause?

[​IMG]

7. ah the holes, i had one sativa that was getting raped by those bastard bugs(not sure what one does it) but i got some insecidtal soap and i spray em all once a week and its helped a shit ton! The ladies are doing much better cause there not having to heal themselves btw slugs suck as well i would suggest slug bait

8. stuff like holes are just one of the shit things about outside dont worry to much inless they get real bad doing good should get some nice plants by end of year good luck

9. If you have leaves turning brown that means you probably have low nitrogen OR your PH is out of whack and the nutes are not getting to the plant. I would buy a soil test kit and follow directions to test your PH, as well as N-P-K to see why.

Plants should not loose leaves really until the the end of the life cycle or something is going wrong.

10. I know this is a dead thread but where in Syracuse are you? I live here and want to do an outside grow and am looking for good areas.

-SGN