Outdoor Grow '07 - Bagseed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Default, Apr 16, 2007.

1. -Germinated 4 seeds from high mids with paper towel method
    I'm starting the plants indoors under two 60W CFLs for about a week or 2 before I put them out. Right now the weather conditions are crazy here, so I have to get them at a good start before I put them out on their own.

Update 4-18
    Plants just sprouted this afternoon. The CFLs have been on 24/0, and the little seedlings tend to be on a 90 degree bend. I don't know if this is normal and they're just first reaching out to the light or I'm doing something wrong. Should I put the lights on 12/12 to resemble nature a little bit before I put them outside in a couple of weeks? Thanks.

Plant 1
    [​IMG]
    Plant 2
    [​IMG]
    Plant 3
    [​IMG]
    Plant 4
    [​IMG]

2. Sounds good. I grew bagseed outdoors for the first time last year. Have you done it before?

If not, I'd definitely suggest starting some more seeds. You're bound to lose plants growing outdoors, and you've got to account for males.

Good luck

3. *bump*

Plants sprouted this afternoon. If all of ya'll can look at the pics for me and tell me what's up with the bend on the plants it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

4. They are looking just fine. Don't worry about the bending, thats normal, they'll pop up straight in the next day or two as they reach for the light. Keep the CFL's within 3-4 inches of the plants so that they don't stretch. Don't put the lights on 12/12. You can reduce to 18/6 if you like, or just leave them on 24/0.

I'd also suggest getting a fan blowing on them in the next few days. It will help strengthen their stems so that they will be ready for the outdoors. And you may want to start some more seeds, growing outdoors you will lose a lot of plants due to pests, animals, weather, males, etc.

Whats your soil mix? Where are you going to be planting them outdoors?