outdoor germination?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gotalighter?, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Ok so i have my seeds and i know how i am going to do a outdoor grow, but the only problem im encountering is germinating, i cant have the plants in my house at any stage in there life, but would it work if i was to do the paper towel method till they have taproots, than plant straight in the ground, would the plant grow from there? i dont want o discuss the small details i just want to know if its possible

2. It's possible but a bit risky. They are very fragile that early on in life.

3. What can i expect as a live/die ratio?

4. Not an easy question to answer there are too many variables. Be prepared for losses though. Ya know they don't smell when they are seedlings, there is no way you could start them under a light in a closet or something? It doesn't take much light or space when they are that small.

5. plant double so u know some will come through....if all come thru well then there is another predicament of which ones to kill......10 plants maybe 4 or 7 females.....ballpark figure

6. How many watts per plamt do you think when there that small, and i would put them in a paper cup say??

7. i use a 40 watt cfl and put them in soil and yes plain old plastic cups with a hole cut on the bottom.

8. hey thanks for this thread it pertains to just what im doing. So germinating takes about two weeks right, and im planning on doing it inside then transfering to bigger pots buried outside or somehing along those lines like just about everyone else. Now when im germinating I dont have much of a light (60watt type A) and I want to know if light is needed to get these little babies threw those first few weeks in the small cups or if I could maybe stick them somewhere dark?

9. Two weeks at most - if you keep them warm and humid and they are good seeds they will pop very quickly - within a day or two.

10. #10 FriedRyan, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    It might not take up much space to germinate at home, but it's not practical to hike for miles into the mountains with two dozen plants on your person, small as they may be. To better your chances with your sprouts, really focus on soil prep. I'm rooting for ya!