Outdoor Drying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by honda910, May 22, 2007.

1. I have a question, since drying indoors is near impossible, I was wondering if I could build a box specially for drying the buds after the plant is done. Can I build a box, hang the buds in there and place this box outside with a lock on it? Light won't get to the box or anything, but would it have a risk of bud rot, this being the box hidden out in the woods somewhere drying?

2. use a tent, its perfect. because it keeps ur buds away from rain and lets air flow through.

3. As long as their is no sun light, then a box outdoors would be ok, but you need an amount of fresh air passing through the box to ensure no bud rot, and also no bugs in their either!

The other aspect to contend with is the humidity level, you want it to be low as high moisture in the air will lead to bud rot, if you can match all that, then outdoor drying is an option.

4. I can't help but fear budrot unless you've got dry desert winds passing through. If there's no other options available both the oven and microwave methods work. Not popular with the purists I know but sometimes needs must......

5. Just do a water cure. Do a search for it.

6. they still have to be dry to do a water cure.

7. i herd that u can also put the buds in a frezzer to dry them>>is that tru