Outdoor Cloning?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Remo2025, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hey all
    Just curious if anyone has experience with cloning outdoors?
    Last year I clone 2 clippings in a small box which sat under a tree...no pics sry.
    This year ill be growing in a very remote area so I wont be able to carry any large
    materials into my plot.
    If you have a simple design for a "Hillbilly" style outdoor cloning set up ide love to see it.

2. Maybe not practical, seems like it may get too hot - but could air layering be an option?

3. The problem is my grow plot is very hard to get materials there.
    I may damage clones transplanting them and the amount i could transfer would be like 4 at a time. Im attempting to designing my own cloning area outdoors.
    My plan so far is to create a 1' deep 5 foot wide ditch. with a trash bag lining(or something more biodegradable.
    Then ill use rockwool cubes and as I take clippings for clones I'll fill them in the ditch.
    I will also add root stimulants to the beeding of the clone area.
    Lasty I'll use a fiber glass or GH plastic for the roofing.
    So this is my plan so far on paper.
    Once I put this together I will hae pics and report my progress

4. I agree with MrNothing, air or ground layering.

5. can you guys explain ore about air layering?
    not familiar with that process

6. coco coir is cheap, compact, lightweight and give good clones.. just add a tube of Dixie cups, some H20 and your good to go.

7. I did this last season no root hormone evan! Just put in rapidrooter cube and planted at the base of the plant i took them off of. The big plants shaded the cuts from the intence sun and all i did was light water every day or so to keep the top of the soil wet for the cuts.

8. thanks for the recourse links.
    I started googling and researching it after you guys posted the idea.
    Seems like it may work for me. i can use my current outdoor plants to test this method.
    thx guys