Outdoor CBD grow

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jjagronomy, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hello I am an agronomist from Wisconsin. Many of my growers are beginning to investigate production of marijuana for CBD oil concentrate. What they want to do is plant transplants into plastic beds. We would then use interrow cover crop to supress weeds or cultivation if cover failed.

I am curious what The nutrient demands for a crop grown for flower would be. Most of my research through the universities have led me to recommendations of 130 units of nitrogen 40 to 80 units of phosphorus and 40 to 80 units of potassium/A. Additionally I would plan on treating crop with foliar micros and plant oil extracts for pest repellant and disease prevention. I am worried that most of the fertility recommendations I’m getting are for crops grown for seed and crops grown for fiber and I’m worried about over fertilizing with nitrogen from my understanding is that you want a shorter stature plant with lots of buds.

The hybrids they are planting are T2 from boring seed co in Oregon and Hawaiian breeze. Can’t seem to find a lot of information on either one of these hybrids other than that they are a shorter season crop.

Soil is a lower pH in the six range and soil fertility levels tested in the optimum to high range for phosphorus and potassium.

Anyone with any advice for a couple of farmers here in the mid west?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you plan to grow in organic soil i recommend you mozey on to the no-till thread and have a look at the recipe there:
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

3. You may well be surprised how little science you need to get a crop in!

indeed weed demands high levels on (N) and noobies on both sides of the coasts

are nuking their plants with volume (N) ..you only need to visit the new growers sub forum

to see the bright green (N) tox plants that they grow

meaning weed can and does tolerate very high levels of (N) before toxicty sets in

I assume your ref. to T2's means they are using clones, in that case ease of the (N) some,

and yeah plant oil extracts we call Neem Oil here and leaf shiner on other forums

maybe you can find some time in your busy position to get into the field, and sample some?

good luck