Outdoor Bagseed Grow Advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Random1225, Jun 6, 2012.

1. So i have some seeds planted in some peat pots right now that i eventually plan to transplant into some 5 gallon pots. Should I just start leaving them outside and bringing them in at night till they sprout and get stronger or should i start them inside and move them outside once theyve sprouted?

2. start them inside and move them outside once theyve sprouted

3. Inside to out but don't forget to let them get acclimated to temperature/ climate change before tossing them out into the cold cruel world. Sudden change doesn't make happy little pants.

4. ok thanks for the advice. Lets see how things go over the next few days :)

5. I have 11 bagseed sprouts I am working on acclimating to the outdoors. I am giving them 8 solid hours of sun for about 5 days and bringing them in at night. After day 5 I will leave them outside all day for another 5, then I will transplant them from jiffy pots to 2.5 quart containers, which they will inhabit for an additional 2 weeks. After that they will go in ground. Not an expert by any means. Basically 10 days-2 weeks in jiffys, 2 weeks in 2.5 quart containers.

6. you should just transplant to its final pot now then have to keep transplanting they fill up the pot fast

7. Weather is not permitting right now. It was 90+ here today and already had a sprout collapse during its afternoon sunning session. Then we have 3 days of thunderstorms in a row this week. They are just easier to move like this until the weather clears. After the rain we are supposed to have at least 3 days of low 80's so for sure they will be transplanted then.

8. i went into the ground this year because of a real late start i know what you mean about moving them around. it kind of sux i cant do that this year but its ok if a bad storm is brewing i just cover them

9. Thats what I ended up doing. I dropped 2 to my straight peat mix. One looks like its gonna make it thankfully, so that makes 12. I just said fuck it and used some old tires and a car hood to make a weighed down lean-to to keep the rain from raping them. They seem to be out of transplant shock and perky. I did feed them a cap full of liquid kelp ferts in a 32oz mister of rain water to keep them moist and fed and it seemed to work. I transplanted them into 60% peat 30% perlite 10% composted rabbit manure and they look fairly happy. Today will be their first day of sunlight since the rains are done and gone for at least a week now :) Looking forward to a solid growth spurt