Outdoor 5 gallon tubs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Damilkman, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I'm planning to grow 3 strains outdoor (from clones) in 5 gallon buckets, what should be in my buckets, how much should i water them and keep them in the sun?

2. i like to mix:
    potting soil (pete and pearlite)
    compost dirt, or manure fertilizer
    additional flowering ferts later

5 gallon buckets are small though
    be sure to cut holes in the bottom

try buring trashbags with the same stuff in them.
    they keep your plants hidden and provide extra moisture when it gets too hot.
    stab holes in the bottom.
    just be sure to remove your trash when done

3. hmm thanks. what ratio do you use for the potting mix?

4. id jst get some FoxFarms Ocean Forest. If ur asking about mixing then ur prolly better off with that. Also try using these: air pruning pots - Google Search in combo with some ZHO. Both will enhance root structure better than regular 5 gal pots EVEN if u only buy the .3 gal!

5. How far can I get with things from home depot. I need the things ASAP so ordering online isn't an option

6. The soil mix I use for outdoor is
    2 parts dirt
    2 parts potting soil
    1/2 part perlite or you can use sand
    1/4 compost

Watering all depends on how hot / dry it is.. Just have to eye ball it there's no certain amount.

You want as much direct like as possible, with less than 6-7 hours the plants do grow so well.

Walter7093!

7. yeah, i recently had sucess with the trash bag thing. should have used heavier bags tho so i could reuse. had to rip em out. trying something new. putting the soil in the ground so the plant can grow into it. I grow some pretty nice shit and I dont really use any special ferts other than basic flowering ferts later in the fall. as long as you provide decent soil and plENTY oF WATER your plants will do great.

8. those look awesome. i cant order online but i sure wish home depot carried those pots. i bet they work great

9. You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant...or at home depot too.
    I mix equal parts peatmoss and composted cow manure and then add a couple of handfuls of perlite. For fertilizer, I add 2 tablespoons of Espoma Plant-Tone per bucket. (5 gal. buckets are plenty big to grow 5-6 foot plants)

They will require daily watering once they get up in size. I wind up using around a gallon of water per bucket per day during flowering.