Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Out of state visiting, can I get a medical card in CA?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by thatnewkid, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I'm sure it's been asked a bunch of times but I cant get a solid answer!

I'm coming to CA for 2-4 weeks for a project, and I'd like to know if I can get my medical card even though I'm from NJ. I've read both yes and no, depends on where you go for both the doctor and dispensary. I'll be 30 min out from LA. I'd rather just go to a rec store, but as far as I know, none around yet.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nope, you need a valid ca ID or drivers license.

3. People from out of state are like the only people that can't get a card in Cali.

4. No. BUT you can ask someone who has one to buy for you as it's legal now. Just give them 35 bucks, tell em what you want, and wham...You have your self some weed, that you can smoke in PRIVATE...As long as you're older than 21.

TL;DR It's legal, for anyone over 21.Ask someone to buy for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I'm 28 so we're good there; even though its legal it's still weird coming from the east coast asking someone for a hook up lol like where do I even start? I'm sure when I get there it will be obvious. I was arrested in PA for having a dusting before so it's nerve racking a bit still

6. you sir, have the BEST s/n I've ever seen. and I've seen some good ones.

7. You have to be a resident of calif in order to get MMJ until Jan. 2018. Then I think they will be selling to anyone and everyone.

8. Use discretion when going that route. Find a CA patient that is your reliable friend. Don't just give anyone your money......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeahhhhh; I have one friend who has friends, he doesn't smoke weed at all. But I feel like an asshole saying hey I dont know you much but will you help me out? ovb I'm down to pay extra for helping me out.

10. Well obviously, but I'm saying, that's simply all he needs to do to get MJ...He can have someone with a card pick it up for him as it is currently legal for adults 21 nd older.
    He just can't give them "money" *wink wink*. Give them some gas money for picking up the weed though.

• Like Like x 1