Our Souls

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by illuminateed, Jul 6, 2013.

1. All memory is stored within your soul, your brain is used to access your memories?

DNA/Genetics that pass on through reproduction is the bodies way of staying immortal and evolving into a more efficient Human.

We explain human life as in having a Soul, gods gift to humans was Life. God created Human. 

Confirmed God Exsists.

2. What do you mean by soul and how do you intend to prove the existence of that entity?

As long as you don't define precisely what YOU mean by soul and give us evidence about it's existence having a conversation about it will not bring us any closer to a real understanding of said phenomena.

I strongly suggest to study neurology before making assumptions that may sound pleasant a first but holds few valid informations.

If you come up with more precise information, not limited to your reasoning but derived from an operational approach we could have a conversation about this.

3. I've never really believed in a soul. The brain is made entirely of organic material and chemicals and shit, it makes no sense to me to think there's some sort of entity that is a person beyond the physical. Its depressing but also factual.. not to mention if someone does something to mess with their brain such as get in an accident, use unmentionables, etc., they can have a whole new and different personality.. become a different person. That simply proves that there is no "soul" within us.
    Thats just me though.

Ooked in the Dooker

A swing and a miss.

You're batting .000 and the manager is talking about putting you on the bench for the rest of the game. :p

Why does the truth scare you? Does it make you feel insignifigant?  The negativity emitting from your replies are truly disheartening to read, it shows me how lost people without religion are, how they are so intimidatted by positive energy. 

You are denying your exsictence by saying you have no soul, dont be so foolish you can't truly accept that. 

Stop beating around the bush and  accept your reality.

Truth doesn't scare me. People making unjustified assumptions and taking them as fact scares me.

I am not denying anyone's existence by saying that there is not a soul. People still exist.

What is your purpose then? What are you contributing that makes your godless life fullfilled?

8. Each new thread convinces me more that you are our new resident troll.  This ^^ entire post makes no sense, confirms nothing, and is grammatically a nightmare.

I help people when I can. Other than that, I just try to have fun and hang out when I can.

10. I personally had half the memory part of my brain cut out of my skull......

I can tell you.... regardless of your theories.... it makes a difference...
    The tiniest change in the speed or rhythm of energy flowing thru that bit of flesh changes everyfuckingthing........

I don't say this to eliminate the idea that there is something more.... just pointing out that the flesh you are currently attached to has a tremendous effect on your perception....
    Also wanted to note.... neurology..... still has very little understand... they know alot of what happens.... yet have still to understand much in the way of "why" or "how"

Your idea is interesting.... yet is not the way... the way does not take only what it likes and leave the rest.... the way takes all there is to be found into consideration before forming a conclusion.... to seek truth is not to pretend to have found it.... it is to know there are bits of it to be found everywhere....so long as one does not begin to believe they have found it..... and stop looking....

For the sake of Allah, find a better way to prove the existence of The Almighty.. and don't ascribe immortality to our human bodies. We don't pass our soul on through genetics - we pass on genes and the resulting new human will be phsyically formed from their DNA but they will be shaped by influence and experience, and if this new human does not pass on their genes it doesn't mean their soul dies - Souls do not die, Souls do not reincarnate in humans of different caste nor do they reincarnate in lesser life forms, they all go back to God. Each new life is a new Soul, and when that life dies that soul shall either see the sweetness of paradise or taste the torment of the fire. Reincarnationists will taste the torment of Hellfire.

Perhaps that is better than enduring the brainwashing known as Islam, here on earth.

13. #13 esseff, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    There's a difference between believing that you know god exists and convincing others that this is true. Only you need to know god is real, and everyone else will know it or not as they feel a need or not, in whatever way works for them or not, when they feel a need for it or not.

For those who are so certain, not only that their god is real, but in what way it is real, and by definition, what way it is not, means that certain judgments start to be made against those who walk a different path. Once you accept that you 'know' something, everyone else who doesn't agree with you must now appear not to know anything. This is all a mind made thought construct. The god bit. The feeling bit. The experience bit. May be real. But the knowing bit. The thinking that you've got it all figured out bit. That is never going to be. Think about it for a moment. How can it be? You see, anything man can imagine in this area is never going to be it, only his idea of it. Something he can latch onto, when in reality, it is something else. As soon as man thinks he knows god, and especially if he feels he can speak for 'him', he is lost and it is only a question of time before that affects him and those around him.

Those who live in a bubble have to be careful not to pop it.

14. I KNOW .....what i feel within this moment.....
    Beyond that..... i will find out when i get there....

I was simply pointing out that a brother need be using different tactics if his wish is to attempt to prove God to others. I personally do not bother with attempting to show what I have taken as proof of Allah unless it is to someone who has a specific interest, as you said (in short..) we can't know and feel what others do most of the time, and when someone else has a somewhat firm idea which is in oppisition there isn't any point in trying to prove them wrong, as its a 50/50 split because they would seek to prove me wrong but in reality neither of us will succeed and it will only be a cause for argument. I don't need anyone else to believe what I believe for myself to continue believing. Allah says in The Qur'an that he has covered the hearts and eyes of some and they will not be guided. I cannot change his decree, and it's not for me to even try. I agree with you almost 100%, though I don't live in a bubble.. I am a convert to Islam I used to be an athiest, and when I was younger I attended anglican and catholic schools. I have lived in all sorts of areas of life and its this well varied life experience and reflection of the evolution of my thoughts and beliefs over time that means that I understand what you are saying completely, and agree with you.

When you say "anything that man can imagine is never going to be it" is 100% true and 100% Islamic. As muslims, we know that we cannot imagine God and as soon as we have a thought in mind then we know its wrong. Thats the beautiful mystery of Allah, to me, we do not have the capacity and capabilities to imagine God at all.

Its the infinitely varied minds of people in this world that I am thankful to Allah for, because if we were all the same there wouldn't be much for us to learn and discover. Allahu Akbar.

16. #16 jayfoxpox, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=824tIhkPy_k

17. lool I love how JayFox has been replying to everything with dragonball z clips for the past while, makes me want to watch it again.

18. Btw, i think it is possible to prove God exists, but just not through empirical means, because that itself goes against God, which is immeasurable. His existence must be derived from a mix of both science and reason, because science itself makes the idea of God make more sense then some believe, you simply must have a good grasp of science and see the inherent connection between all things.

19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah0ZFiNFMMQ

science shows the "inherent connection between all things" quite easily without any concept of gods.  Tossing that in there is something that you do voluntarily.  It isn't overly obvious that a god is there to someone just doing science.  You make the two connect and work, which is quite easy to do when you believe in an all knowing, all powerful god.  It is not a coincidence that most scientists aren't theists.