Our one true enemy..

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BIGxBARE, Mar 27, 2012.

1. One true problem, I think, is more understandable - since all problems fit within the equation: Time = Space + Matter.

2. Time is nuetral.It has no ifs or wants.

The creation time makes is where the problem lies.

3. Fear is our greatest enemy. How many of your behaviours are manifested out of fear?

Time is what allows this matrix to function.

4. the changing of seasons is not the result of time. earth tilting on its axis and getting further away from the sun is what changes the seasons.

Does time exist? Is time real? Or is time only an idea?

5. I agree with mogwai: not EVERY problem stems from time, but I would say a great deal of them do.

Take for example: my back hurts. This problem would most likely be caused by bad posture.

Your thesis could be plausible if you consider that your back hurts due to old age, which is due to time.

This subject could be discussed for hours. :smoke:

6. [quote name='"DyerMaker"']I agree with mogwai: not EVERY problem stems from time, but I would say a great deal of them do.

Take for example: my back hurts. This problem would most likely be caused by bad posture.

Your thesis could be plausible if you consider that your back hurts due to old age, which is due to time.

This subject could be discussed for hours. :smoke:[/quote]

wouldn't it take time holding yourself in poor posture to make your back hurt?

just arguing to argue. idk my opinion. pain isn't always a problem, I do know this.

7. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']

wouldn't it take time holding yourself in poor posture to make your back hurt?

just arguing to argue. idk my opinion. pain isn't always a problem, I do know this.[/quote]

Yes, but if you take bad posture out of the equation, it wouldn't make sense:

"Time causes my back to hurt." wouldn't make sense unless you said:

"Having bad posture over a length of time, rather then an instance(bending over) causes my back to hurt."

8. trueche

I don;t think time is the enemy though.

mental creation of past and future is, along with desire and attachment.

acceptance of what IS, lack of attachment, and present-ness are the cure.

to suffering, that is.

9. Here is what I am proposing.

The direct root of all problems, is the development of what is known as, the universe.

Nothing to do with time. Just how the chips fell.

10. Knowledge is power right?

Okay, how about some Jimi Hendrix....

When the power of love, overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace.

11. If by time you mean government, then yes, I agree. :smoke:

12. [quote name='"fieryflora"']

how do we know....how do we/you know death is not our best friend and greatly to be preferred over being alive...?...[/quote]

Kill yourself and report back your findings.

13. Time is the difference between the present and the past, as-well as the the future and the present.

Present-Past=Time
    Future-Present=Time
    or
    -Present+Past=Time??
    -Present+Future=Time??

14. The State.

15. Ego enuff said

16. Time isn't an enemy. That fucker creepin up behind you with that knife is the real enemy. Simon says look behind you. Don't resist

Ha ha ha ha I stop smoking and I don't know what to do besides say stupid shit. Man. Fuckin sad