Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Our Generation: Fucked Over or Fucked Up

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Cannabliss88, May 21, 2010.

1. Abandon all hope.
    Your forefathers unknowingly built a civilization that allowed greed (free market) and hate (religion) to ultimately dictate it's form. You are entitled to too many gadgets and toys (apathy and complacency) that have left you directionless and without purpose (good citizen/employee). You live in a cage (law) and truly own absolutely nothing, including your own DNA (corporate patents). You are delusional by design and necessity (PC) and cannot be allowed to reach a state of basic sentience (anarchy).

BUT, my friend, there is a beautiful upside to this seemingly invincible hell. Sometime soon, all our civilization's meddling, fiddling, raping and pillaging of our habitable environment will afford us the unique opportunity to shove over and watch the next, new and improved sentient species give er a shot.

Meanwhile, I'm packing another bowl and getting comfey in my recliner.

2. damn man, thats quite the bummer...:( for some reason that just straight up depressed the shit out of me, probably because i know its mostly true.

3. Sorry bout that. Maybe this will cheer you up - The full text: Deteriorata

4. haha it definitely did. my favorite lines:
    If you need help, call the FBI
    Rotate your tires
    Whether you can hear it or not, The universe is laughing behind your back

man, its like a rollercoaster of emotions in here. :p

5. It's got to be a little of both. Too many brain-dead alcoholics, bad politicians, corrupt organizations, ect. I think its time for the PEOPLE to take control and start pushing education. We have to replace ignorance through knowledge.

6. score:D

7. im glad to know we are in the same generation OP... let me tell you, we are being fucked over.. in america at least. look at the economy we are inheriting.. we pay out the ass in taxes and dont get the social benefits of it. Social security will be dried up well before we need it. its harder than ever to get a job coming out of college (which i will be doing next year). unemployment at 10%, sometimes up to 18% for people in their early 20s. The generation before us really fucked us with their greed.

8. We've tried man. We've been trying since the 60's... repeating the same facts and preaching the same rights... after a while it does get pretty old/sad and I hate to admit it but all of people do give up... All the stoners that sit at home baked alone already know this - but they just don't know what to do to REALLY help & make an ACTUAL difference (myself included) - I think what we need is a "re-birth" if you will of the hippie generation... Revolution baby! It could be done as there are more tokers today than EVER in America but we're just not united/organized enough to make anything happen in congress.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They have used electronics to turn us into slaves - to keep us distracted from the hell we really reside in... :(

9. here's something my grandfather said once, that each generation gets a little weaker. Think back 100 years. People had to to backbreaking work to get paid very little, and that was the way it was. There was no heat, air conditioning, but they got through it. Now, we can literally sit inside all day and be entertained. That's what many of us do.

The internet is like the #1 source of entertainment for people now. No one wants to work, so we get the mexicans to do the manual labor, while we sit inside air conditioned offices and type on computers all day. Lol, it's certainly gotten easier, and people are certainly getting lazier.

10. FUCKING EPIC. So true, it's sad. +rep brother!

11. Word. We've grown far from our great grandparents' hard labor to get us where we are, and it's been taken for granted.

BUT, I don't think we're completely fucked. Computers and the internet are incredible tools, they can just be used the wrong way. Our generation is the tech-savvy generation, so if we can learn to put all these tools to work in our favor, I think we do have the potential to make something great of our time on this earth. But, as it's been said several times, all the technology has just made us lazy with everything at our fingertips... So it's hard for many to get the motivation to move and change.