Our current LED + Fluoro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Chilipepper88, Jun 14, 2012.

1. im actually pheno hunting right now, I have good ol' ppp still around, but im hunting for something purple for my alternating strain sog.

2. i posted a pic somewhere in here of i had to get a second opinion on harvest time, still a noob myself but ive read almost every thread on this board and RIU

3. Man like Wiz said in his ATL freestyle "I like purp, I fuck with Kush more". Purp just makes me so sleepy. Its an end of the night kind of high. If that's what your looking for go for it I just wanted you to be aware. Good luck Pheno hunting it makes me so ADD. I just keep finding strains I want and when I look at my cart I'm up to like $500.

4. Ditto mi amigo. I am always looking at strains and I find so many I want to try. Just keep looking. One will jump out at you

5. Hello all, time for another update.

We watered and LSTed all the clones. Two of them we LSTed for the first time, and the other six I had to tie them down again because the were booming. The pics of the last two clones are the biggest and most likely the ones we will put into flowering shortly...
    7-17 001.jpg
    7-17 002.jpg
    7-17 003.jpg
    7-17 004.jpg
    7-17 005.jpg

And there were two or three tops that were almost touching the glass, so we LSTed them as well. Here are some pics..
    7-17 006.jpg
    7-17 007.jpg
    7-17 008.jpg
    7-17 009.jpg

You might not be able to see it from the pics, but there are a few fan leaves on the very bottom that are yellow. It still looks fantastic for now though, so I won't worry about it until it starts being a problem. All comments are welcome and we will keep all posted.. :smoke:

6. #86 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Alright Chilipepper,

Looking real good, Ive lurked in your journal alot I think its helped my recent choice of light purchase for my new tent grow ;)

Not sure if youve been in to have a look but Ive choosen 2 90w UFO`s Prakasa.
    They are the 5 spectrum 3rd gen with the correct range of nm to be succesfull in flower aswell as veg. I know you know what Im on about.

The tents 60x60x140 and these are 27cm in diameter so 2 will fit well giving me full coverage of the tent.
    Ive done a shit load of reading before commiting myself, alot of people hate leds but if it wasnt for us giving them a go the tech wouldnt get any better. Also most journals around and reviews have been of the older models with 1w not 3w leds and only tri band so they never really performed during flower...

Cant wait to get started just a few weeks away now.

1 question tho before I leave you in peace.

As the heat off them is next to nothing is it an idea to hang a few little cfls in there or buy a heat pad for under the tent ?
    Mines going in the loft and Im in the UK so temps may get a little low, I dont really want to add any cfls because I want a pure led grow !!

Cheers mate ;)

Edit* I forgot to mention it`ll only be 2 plants, each in 10l air pots so they both get a ufo.

7. Sounds like the rare well planned effort coming up; my hopes are with you. I've looked at lots of different grows with many mixes of lighting; seems that everyone has an opinion on what's best and mine is that a pure grow with any one would not produce the complexity or abundance of one that uses several in compliment with each other. As they are relatively cheap, CFLs are the logical choice for augmenting any scheme. My personal quirk is daily repositioning of light sources to bring focus to all potential growth sights; CFL is a perfect fit for me due to it's profile (you can position them anywhere)
    Sorry to ramble, bit buzzy this A.M.

8. Cheers, I have done ALOT of research so Im not jumping in both feet first so to speak.
    I intend to keep it an led grow so theres atleast 1 out there thats a pure led grow with the current tech, Ive started a build and grow journal if interested.. Check out AREA 51 :cool:

You wake up properly Im off to get the kids from school lol

9. Ive bought and sold a few hps and mh lighting setups as i started with cheap chinese ebay shit and upgrade grow after grow, got 2-600w dimmable phantoms now w/ magnum xxxl hoods. Being chili's location l.e.d.'s might be the only choice he has living that far south with heat and humidity all year. BUT, even a 150hps will penetrate the canopy alot deeper and make nugs alot more dense.

@chili,

Just from my exp. It looks like there may be a little overwatering going on, hence the fan leaves curling down. Oxygen is just as important as water in a soil grow if not more important. Give them a few days to let the soil really dry out and get some fresh air to those roots.

When i was using FFoF i mixed 50/50 perlite to help with the drainage, which in turn allows for more frequent watering and feedings. Last thing we need on the girls is dreaded root rot! I keep my moms for the time being is soil, and i only give small frequent waterings, just getting the root zone wet.

Hope you didnt take this the wrong way chili, just trying to help a fellow blade!!

10. chili, i have been subbed for some time now but finally introducing myself. i am embarking on a similiar grow now as well. i am just saying hi right now but ill be making a new journal in this area soon my self

11. My only choice is to use LED as the only place for the tent is my loft, Im in the uk about 10 miles from central London, we hear choppers about once a week, it may not be the police scanning for heat sources but its better for me to be safe than sorry.

I dont want to do time and I have 3 kids to think about too..
    Daddy doesnt want to be ass raped just because he grows a bit of green :eek:

12. oh and btw humidity isnt that big of a deal down here hx.

this is the 21st century and damn near all of floridas residences have been bathed in glorious air conditioning for more than half a century lol. rh in my home at 77 stays at 45%
    i dunno about chili but thats with 90 to 100 % outside for me

in short, humidity aint no thang indoors anywhere

13. You speak for everyone everywhere?

14. There are about 15 things I wanna quote and reply to. I'm getting on my computer, h/o...

15. We're hanging, I can see 4 of us lol

16. Well, here goes..

Djsid: It always warms my heart to see other people do research on LEDs, it really is the way of the future spitting out the exact nms our favorite plants need, while giving of no heat signature and is hands-down the most efficient light available. I think those LEDs are definitely strong enough, but the low temps. really could be a problem, If temps are pretty low already then I would recommend supplemental cfls or a heating pad. Btw, London always seemed like a cool place to visit, would you know any good places for tourists to visit?

MrJerky: CFLs are awesome and totally underrated, my first grow was with cfls and very awesome bud, just a little high on the temps. side for my comfort ;)

Hxvoc: Don't ever worry about me taking anything the wrong way from you, you've been around since my cfl days ;) Thanks for the info, I will definitely let the roots dry ut a bit more before I water next time. And HID bulbs, both mh and hps, are the classic go-to lights for growing for now, but being that only 30% (don't quote me) of the light is usable by the plants and the buds aren't much denser than the new super-powerful LEDs that are coming out, I think that's going to change soon..

Bandit: I love micro-grows, if you start a thread I will follow it and give you all the advice I can give.

Beeze: I guess that igloos, barns, sheds, etc. would still have humidity issues, lol.

17. #97 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    When I say low temps it's in the low 20s nothing to cold.
    I've seen loads of led grows with low temps and have still made a decent harvest.
    I just want a decent environment to get the most out of the set up and your right LEDs are the way forward, but if ya don't read up on them properly you'll never get good results.

As for good places to visit in London errrr try London ;)

18. Your plant is looking awesome. Crazy healthy. Keep up the good work.

19. Thx billa. I haven't been by your thread in a while, how goes it?

20. All I can say is I got a light from Dormgrow.com, it broke, and they did not honor the warranty. So I had to go online to try and find parts for my light and found that all of the lights parts come from China. So basically the lights they sell suck. The service sucks. YOU SHOULD NEVER USE DORMGROW. It seems fine until your light breaks a few months after they sell it to you and you have to buy an entirely new expensive LED as I did.