Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Other ways to Ice your grinder..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Dale.Gribble, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I was just curious if anyone here knew another way to Ice your grinder (buster). Any ideas? :)

Happy toking GC. :smoke:

2. i have no clue what your referring (hehe reefer) to!:hello: clue me in!

3. #3 Dale.Gribble, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Yah pretty stoned, sorry.. thanks for asking nicely, + rep :)

Whats that 98% alcohol stuff that cleans your pipes, and what not of resin.. Its on the tip of my tongue, I just can't seem to remember..

4. Isopropyl alcohol, AKA rubbing alcohol. :)

5. THANK YOU!! :D + rep.. fuck I can't remember shit.. :smoke: much appreciated.

There any other ways you guys would know of doing this sort of thing to your grinder.. my buddy doesnt have any of that stuff left.

6. :smoking:

Haha no offence mate, but you haven't told us what "icing a grinder" is. I'm assuming it means cleaning? Or it's some sort of mafia slang? :confused:

7. #7 Dale.Gribble, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Oh shit, sorry I just assumed some of you would know.. my bad. I guess you could say that, lol just my sorta slang for cleansing pipes and busters ;) like icing your pipe, ect,

I've had my buster iced before with Isopropyl where it just completely cleanses it from all the built up thc, and everything in the buster that is pretty hard to scrape out. Basically makes it like bran new so it can collect thc easier through the screen, and come apart without so much effort.

I was just curious if there were any other ways to do this? (with out the Isopropyl) :smoke:

8. i think if you just want to get it clean, boiling water would do it. I've heard of people cleaning pipes with hot water- its not that effective though. You don't have liquor?

9. You could always just use warm water + salt, but don't expect it to work as well as the isopropyl.

10. Hmm, thanks, I'll have to give it a try. :) And yes, will any alcohol work? :smoke:

11. Why salt? :confused::confused:

12. Ha well honestly, I've never iced my grinder before. But the salt is an abrasive so it'll get any resinous/really sticky or stubborn bits out of there. That's why when you clean a spoon or whatever, the best combo is the alcohol + (kosher or some form of chunky) salt. It'll get it cleaner than new.

13. Nice, thanks man. + rep. How much salt do you think, lets say if its going to sit in a small cup. (coffee mug for example) :smoke::smoke:

14. anyone ever use formula 420? i've used it a few times and find it works well

15. the point of the salt is to scrape resin, salt dissolves in water

16. #16 chi, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    I like to dunk my grinder parts in some isopropanol in Tupperware all spread out on the bottom, then close it up and shake it gently back and forth. Any hash material still stuck on the grinder and in the threads is easily removable as it's been soaking in alcohol now.

I don't add salt because I don't just clean my grinder. I take the iso that's been sitting in the tupperware and make hash oil from it by just evaporating it off in a glass pan overnight. You want the alcohol to be as shallow as possible because it's a pain in the ass to try to scrape the oil off the sides. Use multiple pans or plates if necessary.

Adding on: If you simply want to clean the grinder, you can save alcohol by wiping it with alcohol+cotton swab and rinsing under water. Do it part by part because alcohol evaporates quickly. You want to rinse while the alcohol is still wet.

17. cleaning your grinder seems pointless? why dont you just scrap and bang it to get all the thc/hash out of it and smoke that shit!

18. yeah dude, scrape it with a knife. just scrape the excess shit that im assuming is preventing proper operation of the grinder.

19. Listen to this guy! Every time my grinder gets too gunked up with resin/kief I do what he does. It is a very nice way to get some free hash that you'd be throwing away otherwise, just takes a little preparation to get it :smoke: