Other life forms? Do you guys believe they exist?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BlazingZombiess, Apr 12, 2012.

1. I believe that there has to be other life forms in this universe. In my opinion this universe is way to big for us to be the only spec of living organisms in this universe, if u think about it this universe is unlimited and it contains an infinite amounts of galaxy's and each galaxy is composed of hundreds of planets, and most of those planets are completly covered in ice, gas and crazy ass storms which prevents life from living on those certain planets. But whose to say out of all the other planets, that arent big rocks of destruction, that theres not at leat 1% of planets in this whole universe that has life..?

Idk im curious as to what you guys think, would u guys agree with me??

And if you dont agree whats your opinion behind it??

2. Of course theres other life, I think people would be surprised as to how insignificant this earth that we live on and call home is in this universe. There is probably planets with humans and any other possible life form that can be created that are living in unison just like we are

It's absolutely ridiculous to think we are the only ones here, completely brainwashed.

3. I believe so man. Just look at space its fucken huge, its infinity and beyond.

How in the fuck could we be the only ones I doubt that Shit man.

There could be stuff out there that's invisible to our eyes man like radio waves we can't see them or ultraviolet light.

4. [quote name='"devilsheep"']Of course theres other life, I think people would be surprised as to how insignificant this earth that we live on and call home is in this universe. There is probably planets with humans and any other possible life form that can be created that are living in unison just like we are

It's absolutely ridiculous to think we are the only ones here, completely brainwashed.[/quote]

Totally agree with you. Man how in the fuck could earth be the only one. I think other planets run on other stuff.then just water like earth maybe an unknown element that creates life. Because all the stuff on earth came from a source from space.

5. #5 SwichOne, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    There is indeed other forms of life and they have been visiting the earth since the beginning . some have intentions in our best interest and others wish us harm....we are now however undergoing a shift in consciousness. As we enter the Age of Aquarius we will remember what we already know and begin living as spiritual beings having a human experience once again. As we vibrate at higher frequency's we will begin to harness the power of love until we eventually can become closer to being one with the source. This in turn however may cause these extraterritorial beings dimensions to merge with ours ...we must fend of any negative energies with love and light.

6. indeed...there are many altered overlaying dimensions and realities co-existing with our reality...we just cant see it.

7. [​IMG]

Are there other lifeforms out there in the universe? I don't know. But I feel like it is definitely a possibility.

8. i think theyve been here before

9. Why? :confused:

10. There must be other life on other planets, considered the size of the universe. Also, life on other planets doesn't have to be as civilized as life on our planet. Some planets may contain more advanced life forms, but others will just contain micro-organisms.

Even to find a micro-organism on the moon Europa would be awesome and a big breakthrough.

11. #11 smokentreez420, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    I believe simple life (like pond scum, algae, etc.) exists all over the place. I believe there is likely some intelligent life out there - but not as common as many people think. You have to keep in mind that there are almost an endless number of events that could completely kill all life on any given planet. You also have to keep in mind that our galaxy is one of the oldest in the universe. And if we've only made it as far as we have, it kind of makes it less likely that there's stuff out there that's much more advanced than we are.

Yes, it's out there. But not as common as we think. And Earth most likely wasn't visited by aliens. If a civilization was around long enough to perfect intergalactic travel, then it's likely the reason they're visiting other planets is to find a new home due to them using up all their planet's resources. In other words, they wouldn't be coming here in peace.

EDIT: There's even evidence suggesting that alien life exists here on earth. In the form of microbes. Many believe there was more than one genesis on earth, which if evolution is true, would be the expected result. A great example of this is microbes that thrive in arsenic. The reason arsenic is so toxic to life (as we know it) is because the backbone of our DNA is phosphorus. Arsenic (chemically) resembles phosphorus, so our bodies replace the phosphorus in our DNA with arsenic. Obviously this is bad. So in order for an organism to thrive in arsenic (even 100,000 times what it would take to kill a person) suggests that its DNA is different than that of all life as we know it.

Here's an interesting read:

http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~charley/papers/DaviesLineweaverOnline05.pdf

12. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Are there other lifeforms out there in the universe? I don't know. But I feel like it is definitely a possibility.[/quote]

Nice quote by Neil degrasse tyson!

13. i dont remember the exact equation, but i read somewhere that it basically follows these steps
    there a couple billion other galaxies out there, containing many many different solar systems (our own milky way has many other solar systems and planets being discovered almost daily)
    now add in the likely hood of that solar system being able to sustain life due to distance from star, minerals and elements etc
    long story short.... the likely hood of life being out there is so high its not worth arguing

i just wish we had the technology to discover it and see it in person

14. [quote name='"Endless Rain"']i dont remember the exact equation, but i read somewhere that it basically follows these steps
    there a couple billion other galaxies out there, containing many many different solar systems (our own milky way has many other solar systems and planets being discovered almost daily)
    now add in the likely hood of that solar system being able to sustain life due to distance from star, minerals and elements etc
    long story short.... the likely hood of life being out there is so high its not worth arguing

i just wish we had the technology to discover it and see it in person[/quote]

I no right! I wish i could see something crazy in my lifetime, like seing other life forms come, or discovering another planet with life or someshit like that... But it would b soo long till this happens.. :(

15. You are joking, right?

16. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is. In fact, I find it to be ignorant for those who believe that we our the only lifeforms in this universe.

17. I think its pretty ignorant and self centered to assume we are the only life in the entire universe. It's bigger than we can even comprehend. Of course there is life out there.

18. The statement that the universe is infinite is not necessarily true. Actually it's safe to assume that it's not. Theoretically, space can expand faster than the speed at which light travels, meaning there is no way we humans have the technology to observe or detect the current size of the universe. Plus, how could something that's infinite "get bigger"? Doesn't 'measurable size' defeat the purpose of the idea of infinity?

19. [quote name='"Candamile"']There must be other life on other planets, considered the size of the universe. Also, life on other planets doesn't have to be as civilized as life on our planet. Some planets may contain more advanced life forms, but others will just contain micro-organisms.

Even to find a micro-organism on the moon Europa would be awesome and a big breakthrough.[/quote]
    big breakthrough? more like biggest discovery in all of history.

20. in my opinion it is very ignorant to believe we are the only ones in the universe