Other Earth like planets?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 985876, May 11, 2018.

1. Maybe another parallel universe leads us to where the sidewalk ends?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Where could it be expanding to? What is beyond the confines of what we know to be OUR universe? Does ours have an edge to where it is encapsulated, like that of a bubble? There has to be an area it's expanding into. Nothingness is actually something or our universe couldn't expand into it. Is there a boundary where it sort of hits a wall where it can't expand any further?

At some point, the why and how no longer matter, at least in our day and age. If we can't get to the "edge" of ours, what's the point in postulating these concepts at all? In 10000 lifetimes from now, maybe we'll be able to fold space and time and enter through the wormhole produced but, until then the only thing we have is the math behind it all. A working scientific theory is probably going to be the best we can ever expect to have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why are you so convinced it cannot end? You posit that there MUST be something beyond whatever border we draw, but I don't think that is necessarily true.

In order for time or space to have any meaning, it has to be in relation with something else. If you play a song, it has a beginning and will eventually end, that is how we can define the song, what comes after the song is nothing, or silence.

Give that analogy a shot in your mind and see what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maybe what we think is infinite space is just pore space between the cells and it isn't infinite just beyond comprehension. Like a cave man with a rare earth magnet.

5. I want to fuck some aliens already, bro

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Take a #

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Thanks :passing-joint:

8. Whoa.

9. For me the song sometimes doesn't end, some songs are too good I put them on repeat a few times. Then I memorize it in my head.

We think of the universe as kinda a never ending melody. Or a permanent repeat within a playlist of the same song.

Yes there is some music I love this much. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. What happens if its the repeat gets stuck on something really awful like the poopsie commercial. Ill spare you from posting it for my own sake

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Oh shit you better go to a different universe man. Event a portal gun from the show Rick and Morty.

12. The problem is, however, what could one possible compare the size of the Universe to??

I see people say that the universe is finite in size and like your comment about a song, it would have a beginning and an end.

I simply can’t wrap my head around that way of thinking. I just can’t do it. If we were to jump in a spaceship right now and start traveling in any direction with an infinite amount of time and fuel I don’t see how we could possibly come to the end of the universe - And if we did what would be at the end?

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. I could talk about this 'til the cows come home and then some, but if you are interested in a more in depth discussion I would be happy, though itrequires delving into metaphysics and logic which bores most people.

• Like Like x 2
  14. It's too big to matter.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Or is it small? a single cell perhaps?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just a hunch -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Look as much as nobody will listen to this guy ...if you spend enough time and reason through it along the way with no biases you'll hit this logic.. its the age old geocentric model.. It pre dates the Bible and goes back way before ancient Sumeria..however The Bible states quite plainly that we are not moving at all.. And the place we are within is referred to as the great deep.. But even a Christian will give you a deer in headlights look now days when you bring it up because that topic is usually completely ignored lol... waters above us and below us.. Its literally in Genesis all day everyday.. Yet in 1543 everything became spherical cause an astronomer Mason wrote a book about it? Because of that book, now the assumption in culture is that heliocentrism is right.. Its basically a religion at this point after moon landing in 69 went down ... go watch that post mission press conference with the astronots and tell me nothing wrong with their demeanor.. They act like their hiding something... Hmm..like they all just completely lied to the entire human race about an event which will completely change history.. And they realized it getting the tricky questions.. My point is people are being sold a fairy tale version of earth.. Google "earth from space "...and tell me which earth is the correct one.. I'll wait lol.. Didn't know continents could shift positions year to year and shrink and swell to comical levels ... Also didn't know billions of tax dollars couldn't fund a single continuous camera feed that never cuts away for the edit and stays with the rocket from launch pad all the way into space.. Where's that footage.. ? Billions of dollars and it just cant be done lol ... Lets see if elon musk can show us the Tesla car from ground level through the entire flight.. Earth is referred to quite clearly as a "plane " thats among countless planes of existence where among them dwell countless civilizations of "the children of men " .. Thats the claim by Thoth the atlantean for what its worth in the emerald tablets ... So as far as the aliens topic.. Id say their out there.. Might even be under our feet in the ground hidden .. If you was a supremely advanced race why would ya care to show up like on most alien movies and start shooting at people? Its just not what would happen.. If aliens are way too advanced and meant to do harm then yeah we'd never see much of them.. Maybe a glance right before getting wiped out but thats it.. id personally put money on the aliens being real side of the bet to sum it up though ..maybe even a side bet that they don't look too different from us as well..

18. I couldn’t wait until you guys showed up!! Lol

One of my earlier memories was mom allowing us to stay up late in 1969 and watch this on tv. I wasn’t quite 5 years old but I do remember this specifically.

So - we haven’t been into space then? The earth is flat and - so many questions.

J

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’m sure it wouldn’t work very well and Metaphysics would most likely confuse me even worse.

20. Yeah it was a big ritual for NASA to stage it up but technological advances began to actually show how sloppy they was.. As picture quality went up and up it became obvious.. Just look up Stanley Kubrick and "front screen projection " it gets way too deep.. Now days photoshop is used officially by NASA and nobody asks exactly why.. They make every task overly complicated on purpose to just keep the lie rolling .. Remember ya gotta make a reason for space walks cause its just made for tv.. Its entertainment thats all.. Nobody asks "hey why don't we eliminate space walks cause of the danger involved and engineer it to not be necessary?.. Of course not lol cause its a great go to scene.. when its probably the largest money theft scam of a country's citizenry in the history of mankind by its own government..