Other Earth like planets?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 985876, May 11, 2018.

1. Okay as I understand it the universe is infinitely expanding so that must mean there's a possibility of another Earth-like planet which could possibly have human life on it somewhere out there.

What's the chance that there are other human civilizations in other galaxies being more advanced than us?

Do you think there could ever be a possibility that other humans from other galaxies could come to the Milky Way and discover this Earth?

2. Check out drake equation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's a 100% chance there are civilizations more advanced than us but the people probably won't be human. Just a small change in gravity would cause us to have developed differently.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. It's impossible to tell if there are other life forms in the universe because they are too far away.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. How far away are they? How close do they need to be before we can tell they are there?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well... our latest technology we have hasn't found other life so far.... that's so far anyway there's no telling if humans will ever find out other life in the universe.

There is a chance that human life goes through its whole existence into the future without ever discovering extra terrestrial life.

Yet there is another chance that we could discover life tomorrow by accident.

Also I don't wanna burst the bubble even more but it would probably be thousands of light years away anyway so even if we discovered it tomorrow it could take so long for humans to make it to the place that humans race could die on earth before we make it to that place to meet the extra terrestrials.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Have you seen Dr Tom Van Flanderns evidence for vegetation on Mars? Preliminary, not conclusive evidence no doubt, but certainly interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I am curious where you got the idea that the Universe is infinitely expanding? I definitely don't agree with a lot of science, but from what I understand they think it has had a finite expansion in time and space, therefore it is finite in size, time and energy. The likes of Brian Greene talk about an infinite universe but it is baseless speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Space was created in a Hollywood basement we’ve never been to the moon and earth is flat. It’s all sci-fi man.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. That's why I'm asking you guys for help. I'm not defending this position by any means this just what I've been told by most people. And looking it up and doing research is confusing me. I don't know who's studies to look up on this matter.

11. ? :confused_2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I think the only way we will find out is if they make first contact with us.
    People of Earth are way too primitive to find them. Our technology is not sophisticated enough.

Some say they’ve already made contact with us, but we aren’t ready to handle it.

David Bowie thought so..

“There’s a Starman waiting in the sky
    He’d like to come and meet us
    But he thinks he’d blow our minds”

7F59F360-A136-44A9-A05E-CD3033FC8CD9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. I applaud you for asking questions instead of assumung you have the answers. I wasn't suggesting you were defending that belief, just curious who you heard it from.

Science, in my examination, has become almost a religion, along with plenty of unjustified and unjustifiable assumptions. I spent an inordinate amount of time looking into physics and cosmology and am convinced they are heading in the wrong direction.

Having said that, I don't discount the possibility or probability that there is other life out there, to me nature is a potent creation and force, one that supports and encourages life. It seems to me that the technology that allows fo space travel is equally powerful enough to be a destructive weapon, so live that is self-harming, like humans, have to transcend their patterns of nature to wield such power without annihilating itself. So perhaps the universe is teaming with life, just the pecent that make it beyond this hurdle is small.

• Like Like x 1
  14. They are coming for that ass... anal probes warmed up and ready to rock...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. The most brilliant minds on this planet asked the most questions.

I like to follow this model Albert Einstein asked all sorts of random questions.

Some which may sound stupid but knowledge is always expanding.

No one's stupid for asking what they consider to be intelligent questions in my eyes.

I'm slow I get it but, I'd rather try and learn than not try at all.

I still have to practice my multiplication tables on Khan Academy. But hey I'm not giving up I will educate myself.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I think there are intelligent aliens but they're too far away to interact with...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I hope you aren't thinking that I though your question was dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm dumb it kinda explains why I ask a lot questions.

19. We are all ignorant, but I think being dumb is a choice, a choice to remain ignorant. Asking questions is the opposite of wilful ignorance.

• Like Like x 2