Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain Osteoarthritis Document Library

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tzorge, Jun 9, 2018.

1. #1 tzorge, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    While i admire @Storm Crow 's list for the breadth of information, and would like to thank her for being the source of much of my reading. I wanted to make a place were sufferers of osteoarthritis can read science about their condition and how cannabis can potentially help.

While the good doctors have every intention to heal you, you must keep in mind that under the umbrella of osteoarthritis several different diseases / casualties leading to the same outcome are bundled together. And while we know why there is pain, and

(mayo clinic)
    Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage that cushions the ends of bones in your joints gradually deteriorates.
    UNQUOTE

why should the cartilage gradually deteriorate is unknown and poorly understood.

Arthritic joints have more cannabinoid receptor than normal joints.
    Having read Juicing Cannabis Healed My Rheumatoid Arthritis i started thinking that having my cb receptors as active as possible must be a good thing.

For articles that are copyrighted only a link to the study will be given, the others i will post here.I have access to most journals and have read the linked materials.

That's all i have for now,

i hope this helps someone

tzorge

2. #3 tzorge, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    double post

3. Added
    Patterns of medicinal cannabis use, strain analysis, and substitution effect among patients with migraine, headache, arthritis, and chronic pain in a medicinal cannabis cohort.

4. Added

Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory, anti-catabolic and pro-anabolic effects of E-caryophyllene, myrcene and limonene in a cell model of osteoarthritis.

5. Added Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of CBD Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs

6. Added Role of the endocannabinoid system in the emotional manifestations of osteoarthritis pain.
    A bit hard to digest for the layman.

7. These articles are a bit beyond my ability to read and comprehend. I need a translator. I am using a CBD/THC tincture for arthritis and degenerative disc disease (age!). I'm in a CBD/THCa only state and we just got there. Currently there is no supply except from out of state. I have gotten interested in CBD as medicine in the past couple of months.I bought a half ounce of some 8.5 % CBD Hemp and mixed up a tincture- ended up with 11 mg CBD/ml. I added a bit of THC tincture just 'cause I could. Ended up with a 1:12 THC:CBD tincture that I'm using as medicine for my aging back. I found a place on line and just purchased two ounces of AC/DC trim/shake (from Hemp) for $60. It's supposed to be about 9% CBD. I plan to process as I did the last batch- just as for Green Dragon. Actually it is just Hemp Green Dragon.
    I have read, or seem to remember reading that a bit of THC was helpful along with CBD, but perhaps it was THCa. If anyone has personal recommendations about adding THCa to my tincture or tweaking my recipe I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. I am pleasantly surprised- the stuff works. It works better than the store bought CBD oil. I'm wondering about adding a bit of THCa. I may have to try all those articles again.

8. I live in Europe so only CBD is available legally, one of my next grows is going to be a high CBD : THC ratio. The "flowers" we can get here is hemp (very low cbd @3-5%) so i have not really bothered, plus ordering a kilo of this via mail seems to be a very easy way to get caught. police would definitely raid your house even though its legal, how can they tell anyway?

I have not been able to find THCa but have also read on it and people say it helps, especially for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. added Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs

• Like Like x 1