Osmocote Plus TR Fert Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbowlpacker, May 8, 2011.

1. Very nice experiment dude. Can't wait to see more pics and the great results!

2. #22 greenbowlpacker, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Heres the weekly pic update just took them. They are almost getting to big to take out now barely fit through the door.

22 days of flowering

#1 My auto ak47 sticky fluffy buds should hold me over til these are done

#2 Diesel, ww x bb, HG

#3 Diesel

#4 ww x bb top flower this is my favorite plant the way the leaves grow is beautiful

#5 ww x bb flowering

#6 HG flowering

#7 another shot of the top cola of the ww x bb

Attached Files:

3. Damn son looks awesome.
    So How would you rate osmocote? Better than regular nutes or as good?

4. Its hard to compare because the strains arnt the same but they dont seem to be showing any signs of lack of nutes or burning and are growing bigger everyday.

Its definitely alot easier than measuring nutes and deciding what strength to use.

I checked on my mi5 today looks ready for harvest but im going to let it go a little longer to see if it will purple up.

5. thanks for the advice, i just lst my 5 oldest ones and they took to it well, they already started back with upward growth. now ive seen a bunch of posts on topping and seeing as ive never done it to my plants before when is the best time to do it? alot of ppl tell me to do it after the 4th leaf set has fully developed and said to top the 5th leaf's newgrowth is this correct? really wanted to kno cause my 5 oldest plants are starting they 5th leaf sets now! thanks for any advice, Happy growing.

6. I would say you could top the 4th leaf set or 5th I personally feel like topping doesn't make much of a difference if you lst, those 2 nodes that grow in will grow regardless if you top or not just bigger since the plant focuses more on them. I will always lst for now on though.

7. I was just looking at them today the sugar leaves are covered with crystals already I think the snowstorm is doing its job. My next run im going to do clones from my outdoor plants and try with and without the snowstorm to see if it makes a difference.

8. #28 BillMurrray, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Explain snowstorm again.....???
    : high :

9. [​IMG]

It is suppose to increase resin production. Same as purple maxx but without the purpeling.

10. Heh. I was curious about an exact explanation to, so I googled and found this crazy description:

If you like Purple Maxx/Snow Storm, but color is not your primary goal, then Snow Storm Ultra is for you. We isolated the “snow storm” effect and optimized it for maximum results. Absolutely nothing else like it is currently on the market. It does not contain carbohydrates or molasses. Three years of development went into this Humboldt County original; best of all, this additive works with all your favorite nutrient lines. When used with Gravity, Snow Storm will take your plants beyond anything achievable with fertilizer alone.

After reading that crazy "it's purple max without purple" shit, I had to find a purple whatev explanation.

Purple Max is an experimental additive that is still in development. During this process, Purple Max has been found to increase flower sites, expand girth in flowers, and in some case, cause the plants to turn dark purple. Due to extreme demand, it is being released in small quantities though it is still under development.

Sounds like magic growstore voodoo, but only some side-by-sides will tell.

11. Hahaha ya it does sound like voodoo magic I havent been able to find any side by side results so it looks like I have another experiment to try :smoke:

I already have some other experiments going on currently with some seedling with ffof vs happy frog soil to see what the seedlings like more 2 in ffof and 2 in happy frog with one in half and half.

Im the type of person who likes to figure stuff out on there own instead of asking whats better :D

12. I think you've already proved that :D. Respect.

13. Have you had to combat any algae growing on the tops of the perlite for those hempy's? I can't imagine that you would though since you are watering and the nutes are below where light can penetrate :) Looking damn good my friend. I think I'll be trying a new experiment myself. Looking to see how clones turn out with osmocote+ only. Guess I have my next experiment planned out as well :bongin:

14. I ran into algae when they were in there keg cups but havent had any with these buckets. Thanks jump on board with osmocote I have a feeling you will like it. So far my plants have been doing better than I expected cant wait for them to finish budding :smoke:

15. Still trying to figure out how osmocote works....
    Do you mix it up with the perlite or just sprinkle it on top?
    And how do you know how much to add?
    Seems like this method will be a huge time/money saver, i like.

16. #36 drdank50, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm gonna test it out with veggies this summer. :)

17. I mix 1 tablespoon per soil, perlite or any medium. In the hempy buckets I didnt start mixing it til 2 inches above the hole. For the soil I threw it in layer by layer and mixed it around. None on top for me.

Yes it has been a huge money savor guessing it only cost me 50 cents or less per plant for the entire grow. Also saves alot of headaches with measuring and worrying about over and under nuting or burning.

I need to take some close up pics they are really getting covered in trics :smoke:

18. Ya this is what its actually designed for I might mix some in when I repot my tomato plant.

19. Alright heres the pic update was kinda :smoking: when I took them

The ww x bb seems to be the fastest and largest flowering cant tell what the smell is yet sugar leafs are completely covered in crystals probably will be the first done

The Himalayan gold is flowering and has a smell like lemon juice so im excited about that

The diesel is very leafy around the bud sites not sure if I want to defoliate it to open it up some.

on all the plants I defoliate to let more light to the bud sites

pic #1 diesel, hg, wwxbb

pic #2 wwxbb top cola

pic #3 hg flowering

pic #4 diesel flowering super leafy

pic #5 wwxbb flowering

Attached Files:

20. Just chopped the mi5 tonight cut it up nice. About 80 dense grams wet really covered in resin. Didnt go purple maybe if I would have left it out longer. Was about 75 days from seed. Ran into some mold on a few buds really purple mold at least I think it was mold.

I will post some better pics and a smoke report after a dry and cure:smoke:

Attached Files: