Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

origional arguement?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by yogertslinger84, May 15, 2010.

1. #1 yogertslinger84, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Medical Marijuana as a workout (weight lifting) supplement....

let me begin by saying I do not believe in taking supplements, It is more natural to eat correctly to get the nutrition you need.

Because it increases apatite, it allows me to actually want to eat the amount of food I need to eat to build muscle.

thoughts?
    :smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. i find that i can work out harder and longer while high, the weed gives the muscle burn a very pleasant feeling, now that may just be me being fucked up, but i enjoy it. have no idea as to whether that argument would hold any water with reference to MMJ (living in the united kingdom we have no such magical laws) but it certainly is a new one, for my ears/eyes anyway.

3. Hemp seed and its oil are remarkably nutritious.

Cannabis Sativa Seed Pressings (ad - no date)
    Med Marijuana Natural Health Alternative

Hempseed: Nature's Perfect Food? (news - 1992)
    Hempseed: Nature's Perfect Food?

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD (1) (full - 1992)
    HEMP SEED: The Most Nutritionally Complete Food Source In The World

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD (2) (full - 1992)
    HEMP SEED: The Most Nutritionally Complete Food Source In The World

A history of the Royal Grain (news- 1999)
    A history of the Royal Grain | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Cannabis butter to spread across Europe (news - 2004)
    Cannabis butter to spread across Europe

Characterization, amino acid composition and in vitro digestibility of hemp (Cannabis) proteins (abst - 2008)
    ScienceDirect - Food Chemistry : Characterization, amino acid composition and in vitro digestibility of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) proteins

Cholesterol-induced stimulation of platelet aggregation is prevented by a hempseed-enriched diet. (abst - 2008)
    Cholesterol-induced stimulation of platelet aggreg... [Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008] - PubMed result

The cardiac and haemostatic effects of dietary hempseed. (full - 2010)
    http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/pdf/1743-7075-7-32.pdf

Hemp seed oil: A source of valuable essential fatty acids (full - 1996)
    Hemp seed oil: A source of valuable essential fatty acids

Occurrence of "omega-3" stearidonic acid in hemp seed (full - 1996)
    Occurrence of "omega-3" stearidonic acid in hemp seed

Hemp Oil (full - 2005)
    Hemp Oil

READ! It's good to exercise your brain, too!

Granny :wave:

4. ^hemp seeds ftw! my friend has a health food store and those things are great to bulk on,

supplements are there to supplement as in not be your entire diet.

I would first try, a multi, whey protein(best bioavalibilty and quality of protein for post workout) and an omega 3-6-9 supplement. Omega 3 and 6 are great for the wear and tear on the joints while working out as well as a host of things

As for weed, You would have to time it so you don't get burnt out for your workouts, have healthy foods on hand that are calorie dense as well as nutrients(Hemp seeds FTW, good fats,fiber,protein AND munchie satisfying!:D) but it is possible it might take some tweaking but with the right strain you could do it.

just avoid it before working out for safety and paranoia issues.