[Organized] LST/Topping/Fimming Help

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ECLIPSE, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Hello LBH. I've been reading many of your posts learning, but I want to clarify a couple questions. I've reread your LST Topping Tutorial so many times.

I'll give you some background first: I live in New England and I will be guerilla growing outdoors with FFOF and FF Trio Pack, and Cal-Mag Plus in 3-5 gallon buckets.

Question 1: Can someone explain leaf sets to me, and when an where to top?

Question 2: I'm growing outdoors as soon as it gets warmer (Mid-March to Early April). If I Did the 4-Way LST and kept topping and LSTing while my plants were in Veg like in LBH's tutorial, would my plants finish, and flower in time. I live in New England. So frost is around end of september to middle of october. Or What would y'all do if you were in my situation?

Question 3:
    Addition to picture below could I fim the new growth instead of topping?[​IMG]
    Question 4: What strains do y'all suggest I use? I'm planning to use attitude seed bank to order, and was going to go with White Widow, White Rhino, and Northern Lights? Would these be ideal for my situation?

Question 5: How much(ratio) and what should I mix with Fox Farm Ocean Forest?

I would really appreciate help, please?:confused:

2. Bump. Help Please?

3. Yeah I already read every page of those threads. I asked LBH these same questions and he gave me a weak ass reponse....

4. Help?!?! Please.

5. 1)Carefully look at those threads thats what I used to help me (Im assuming you dont have a plant yet to look at and compare cause it really is simple) Leaf sets work as such you start out with the cotyledons then you get your first true set...then a node...then a set of leaves...repeat (follow me?) You do the first topping around leaf sets 3,4, or 5. Then after that it doesnt matter.

2)Not an outside grower can't help lol my answer would be to grow inside if your worried about frost lol

3) Simple answer of yes will do for this question

4) Those strains are all good for beginners to get started with and they grow fairly short (benefit for indoors)

5) FFOF is a great soil for MJ contains some nutes that may burn.. cut down with light warrior and perlite. Go something like 70% FFOF ,15% light warrior 15% perlite

6. Thank you so much.+rep :D I've been waiting so long for an answer.
    I decided to go with Northern Lights x Skunk and Pineapple Express.

For the soil and ratio's. I've already bought FFOF and Perlite since I assumed that's what I needed. Is there any way I could just use this and increase the perlite portion? If so, what would be the ratio or percent?

Thanks again!! :)

7. I stop toping when they go out but I do spread them out a bit here and there. ive even tied the tops and pulled them right over but you wont need to do that. the goal is to make the christmas tree shape turn upside down, fat at the top, produce more colas.

8. 80%FFOF 20% perlite

9. Thanks again! :D