Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. No issues at all, matter of fact this is the best grow Ive done in years. Its just that one particular plant, the soil is so damn hard, quite a bit of water/nutes are running are coming out the sides instead of getting down to the roots. I think you're right, Im not going to mess with it unless I start seeing problems. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. See if you can find a plant pot "saucer" that will accommodate your fabric pot and try bottom watering it. The compacted soil should wick water upward into your soil. Once the soil is better hydrated, try top watering again to see if it absorbs water again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ditto what chunk said, and try watering with a surfactant like aloe or yucca or even castile soap.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  4. i have done routinely what i am about to describe and in all my years i have never once experienced a negative consequence by doing so. in fact soil porosity is so important that this practice is perhaps mandated in a situation as you describe. also, ime root bound plants tend to leak water like a sieve so breaking up those pathways is important imo.

i happen to have a 12" screwdriver that works wonderful for such a task. grab a stool, get comfortable, and using a good dose of common sense so as to avoid severely damaging the critical parts of the root system, start by pushing the screw driver straight down into the soil as deep as you want and when you get there simply rock the screwdriver back and forth or in a circle, take it out, move it to the next location you desire and repeat the process. continue until your satisfied and if you feel like grab the container in a squeeze and squeeze hell out of it. use common sense its not an mma match. also, imo and ime a phillips head ( that's the + one) works best because of the tip shape - it slides right past any obstacles such as roots.

so yes! break up the soil just use common sense so as to not destroy critical mass. i do this practice routinely because all my plants get root bound in my smart pots. they'll benefit greatly. it's also a good way to get dry amendments down deep in the root zone.

ommv but i endorse this practice if performed correctly and closely similar as described.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have a meyers lemon tree in a 7 1/2 gal bag that had gotten that way so I did the same. works excellent.
    I have a number of restaurant bus tubs and they work great for this. sit the whole pot in the tub. fill it about half way with water - i add a few drops of Dr. Bonners castile soap - and let it soak up as much as possible. After 30-45 min or so it was saturated as much as possible as pretty damn heavy. pull it out, let it drain and it's golden :)

• Like Like x 3

6. I do the same, poke holes carefully in the rootball to let water in. Instead of a screwdriver I use a spare bamboo stake - it's longer and lets me get all the way to the bottom of the container. some holes i go all the way down to the bottom, others I only go 1/2 or 2/3's down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. you get it, you got it smokey Bee! keep on poking and aerating man. that's the true spirit of no-till at its simplest.

• Like Like x 3
  8. actually, been doing that kind of crap for years. sometimes not even sure why, just seems like a good solutions for the problems at hand. I figure if the plants doesn't die it can't have been too bad. :)
    The only difference between what I posted and my "old way" is that the castile soap is new since I just learned about it on here. it just took longer without it in the past lol

all the no-till stuff is VERY new to me. like only a few months and i'm at the VERY BEGINNING of the learning curve. and a long ways to go.
    got to say though, so far my current two plants are on day 24 and they look better than anytime med I've EVER grown. my wife looked at them last night as even mentioned that look better than any other grow. just perfectly happy and heathy, great colors, no obvious problems showing. all from a good soil mix. so nice to not worry about ph checking and adjusting everyday, mixing nutes, all that stuff. best of all not chasing nutrient problems that i was probably mis-diagnosing in the first place.
    water, some simple teas and they are better than when I'm doing 5 times the work.
    I'm loving this!

• Like Like x 4
  9. chopped some jelly breath today!!

E7D6C920-DC4F-41C7-8417-C62A4246241A.JPG

happy little plant :love-m3j:

C83278FD-EED2-441B-8F97-41791CD63ADE.JPG

Hope you all have a great 420!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. that is a beautiful plant! I love the dark colors. I just started a Sweet Seeds Dark Devil, I'm dying to see her colors.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Back atcha @skunker~ ! Love the praying hands on your Jelly Breath!

• Like Like x 3
  12. all my plants turn purple in some degree or another. i kinda miss regular old green buds. lol It seems like since cookies is a lot of stuff now, there's lots of buds that have hints of purple. years ago, purple buds weren't around as much but now it's all over.

That is Orange Cream ;) but the jelly breath is praying too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Happy 420 ya all!

Sent with my mangled wad of paper, string, and plasticy bits....

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. #39215 Possuum, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    fractals are kewl. they are ubiquitous in nature. let's take a ride....

:hookah: ... fractal rap :smoking:

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Ever seen the mandelbrot set? Like fractals but different math.
    Put that ish on fast forward.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Happy 10x the answer to life the universe and everything!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. #39219 Possuum, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    now here's a trivia question for you. what are the two words that are spoken most often in movies and tv shows, usually several times?

"SHUT UP!"

seriously. check it out.

stoned to da bone and i dont carrrrrrre,
    jimmy cracks corn....
    sitting on a dog turd pickin' out a hair

aww shut up...:smoking:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. i've had a great couple of hours chilling out here this mahnin with you phreaks man! good times. cheers and happy highs to all you grow-bro-mofos! :weed:

gotta dash! watch out for me on the road. stay safe :smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1