Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I wouldn't worry at all. You can always train branches horizontally if you do start running out of room.

I have had, and I think currently have plants that out reach the light. Not the end of the world.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Do plants think they reached outer space when they grow above the lights?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. #38523 Prepper420, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    LMAO!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. When growing in a coco mix, calcium and magnesium are drawn out by the coco and needs a little supplement. Nearly every fertilizer company has a cal/mag supplement for those of us who use a little coco in the grow medium. Here's a couple of examples.
    • [​IMG]
    [​IMG] DSCN7366.JPG

5. “calcium and magnesium are drawn out by the coco”

I could be totally wrong… But are you sure about this? How could a (basically) inert medium remove elements?

I grew hydroponically for jeez - 20 years and never once bought any kind of a supplement.

But as a second question - are you Gardening in an organic soil - that I’m guessing has Coco in it?

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. My grow medium is mostly dirt with some coco in it. I use mostly ro water so it has no calcium or magnesium in it. I only use it when I see rust spots. Kinda common in coco grows. I don't know if the coco takes out cal/mag or if it just locks out it's absorption. Good dirt and good nutes are better than using supplements, for sure!

7. Beautiful, man. Some crazy fox tails on top of fox tails! I love that soft look that some buds get when they're ripe and ready like that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Who knew that hurricane Florence was a boy? Haa! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Fingers crossed this doesn’t completely fuck me, in week 7.5 of flower, if the AC and dehumidifier stop working, well, not going to be good. Only 6hrs away from the beach!

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 5
  10. If you are in the testicle area of the storm, chances are you will lose power.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m not in the tea bag zone lol, lucky there I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. A generator is worth the investment in the long run if your not looking at an imminent evacuation ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It certainly would, seems the power has been going out twice a year now for storms mostly, last year a guy cut a telephone pole in half with his car and knocked my power out for half the day. Long term I would like to get solar panels and pallet of salt water batteries.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wouldn't a wind turbine be effective in a stormy area? they make small ones for the house now.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Most wind generators are made to operate at low to med wind levels and have brakes for high wind situations.

If I bought a property with a down hill running stream, would have unlimited amounts of power, thoughts for the far future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Yeah man! I need a huge spinning chopper blade in my back yard! I'll put it over by the swingset my grandkids play on! Haa!

17. They have vertical turbines now and you can put it on the roof

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. I’ve been following this wind turbine made to work on monolithic dome. As air moves across the surface of the dome, it picks up speed increasing the amount of wind energy. Also makes these walls to direct the air flow into the fan. A Dome home is my dream house, earth covered.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I know that house!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. double post

• Winner Winner x 1