Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. This is just a personal rant I hate the fact that people in the growing community always want to classify and Define what a correct grow is I've always felt and believed that growing is something people have a personal connection with and there are things that work for them and things that don't I think that sometimes it can be discouraging not being supported within a community you feel May relate to either be hydro and be organic or hempy Style everyone has their own way of growing I'm on the forums to support fellow Growers I'm not here to judge I'm not here to criticize I'm here to help and support and all I ask is the same in return I know that in certain forums I may have come off as condescending but it's because I feel as though people can be very judgemental which makes people leave the forum all together I've met a lot of great people on here and because they've gotten such a Negative response because they use Miracle-Gro or because they didn't have the right light or because they're using shity seeds they stopped and I just want grasscity to understand that we're all individual Growers all we can do is support each other I bring up the fact that I live in a concrete jungle and people look down upon me because I use bottled nutrients I'm very selective in in the products that I use I only use organic matter and made my own soil I try to create my own Bloom formulas with banana extract and cane sugar I do believe in keeping it simple I just want other people to understand that my vision doesn't need to be there but to know that I support them in their Journey as they support me in mines

#Rantdone

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hello! Welcome to GC!!

• Like Like x 5
  3. That was in the back of my mine is why I ask. Thank you ScOObyDOObie.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Happy Father's day folks!

• Like Like x 5
  5. I have weird growth on my Queen Mother (Original Delicatessen) plant. Like double stacking growth at the nodes. Or where it should be sexing it's growing leaves. (It is female - she has shown pistils)
    Have any of you seen this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6. Hey guys, I took a year break after the unfortunate events of my last grow being burglarized. My motivation and passion to grow some more beautiful plants has returned. I've wanted to grow ever since I became a regular user of cannabis. Though my interest in growing really blossomed three years ago close to when recreational weed hit Seattle. Around this time I was noticing large decline in quality of recreational weed in comparison to when it was just medical. The difference in quality for what you paid for was like taking mid shelf buds and pricing them at top shelf. The only thing that has gotten better is hash and hash oil/rosin for the price, I've been exclusively vaping hash ever since recreational weed hit, though I'd prefer quality buds. I'm sure there is good bud in Seattle just not for a reasonable price.

I bought a cheap ounce from a local dispensary of Blue Dream that contained some seeds. I saved four seeds and germinated them. I put them outside in organic soil thanks to GC organic friends for starting me out on the right track. The plants all ended up males, but that's fine I wasn't expecting to harvest those plants anyways. It was some great practice though for my next indoor grow. This time I wanted to buy some feminized seeds with strong proven genetics so didn't have to worry about wasting time on any plants. I had 8 plants (5 AK-47/3 Serious Happiness from Serious Seeds) in 7 gallon smarties under a 600w MH during veg and picked up a 1000w HPS for flower. My plants were bushy and healthy throughout the grow but accidentally slightly light bleached a couple plants in the center closest to the light The two biggest mistakes with this grow was starting too late in the season and vegging too long, I started flowering sometime in October. My tent was in my garage which is not insulated and might as well be outside so when temps started getting low around mid November my plants started turning purple on the leaf tips and could tell they weren't too happy. Shortly after my garage and grow was burglarized a day before thanksgiving.

This time I have ring security cams posted in a couple spots and will probably install some sort of alarm. During the year I took a break once in a while have noticed prowlers snooping in my back yard probably looking for anything easy to steal which happened mostly during Summer. The cameras give enough peace of mind to know I can see anyone snooping with immediate notification.

We're gonna be in a 5x5x7 tent with a 1000MH/HPS. I'm going with bigger pots and less plants this time (2 AK-47/2 Serious Happiness/1 Bubblegum) in five 20gallon fabric pots with Bu's biodynamic compost/Locally sourced castings, peat moss and perlite mixed closed to thirds but slightly heavier on perlite. Glacial rock dust and a variety of locally sourced organic amendments. I will probably throw in some red wrigglers as well. I will have more updates in the coming weeks.

Thanks for reading and shout out to Scooby, Jerry, Chunk, Wetdog, Waktoo and everyone else that has helped me and others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I had a Bubba Kush do this once. It ended up being a dude so I did not grow it out. It had "suckers" grow out of where the pistols or balls should have been. I would grow it out and see what happens. Just watch for balls cause it might herm on ya.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mornin'! A little stank to get your day goin'... :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. This lunchtime bowl has got me thinking, "people use potash in our soil... and I have all of this pot ash in my ashtray... Could there be any benefit or harm to throwing my ashes in the worm bin or topdressing instead of in the trash?"

Probably a really dumb question, but I'm new to organics and curious.

Thanks,
    Flex

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I add my ashtray to my kitchen waste for worms, which is mostly coffee grounds and banana peels. I don’t do it for any nutrient value but because I live in an illegal state. No joint butts in the trash for anyone to find.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Joint butts? Smoke them down to the wire man ;)... all my evidence is in me lungs :passing-joint:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I use Tips when I roll. .

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ah....yeah f that then!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nigerian sunshine crystal girl.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. I don't use any kind of ashes around my garden, because it will repel ground spiders that IMO are beneficial

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Going to be damn hot today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. It's 97.4° outside. I'm sweating like a whore in church. Muhahaha

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. I prefer a vape. Burning weed creates carcinogens. I don't want that. ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Put down a sheet of heavy duty black plastic and covered it with 6" or so of wood chips. We'll see if the comfrey lives or not. lol 20180624_114455.jpg

• Like Like x 3