Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Thought I would share with everyone, been using Green Lacewing’s in the garden for pest control. These little guys are vicious predators!!
    Young, freshly hatched.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Older Green Lacewing Larvae
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. It's not a matter of making a mess dude - it's more a matter of worm health. They don't like soggy at all but, like an organic potting soil, "just moist".

I suppose you *could* pour some water through a corner of it but you might be better off just harvesting some vermicompost and making a fresh tea that way if that's what you were looking to do.

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not sure if you've looked at my design but the bottom of each bin is only hardware cloth so if i don't put something under it it will just pile up on the floor which is carpet which is what I'm trying to avoid

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gotcha. That said I'd have something under it as well!

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #36986 Jay_R_1787, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Flipped on Sept. 14th 20171013_194633.jpg some light burn but it's all good. Gorilla bomb by bomb seeds. 3 weeks and 2 days since she's showed first sign of flower

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sorry to hear scoob! This would be a lot more fun without spider mites, I spotted a few on 2 of my outside crew with just 2 weeks left, our temps plummeted to 28deg f one night and the low 30s for another 5 nights plants were not hurt a bit but spider mites disappeared likely in the soil and no dead knowing them, I am going to compost those pots it was their 3rd round anyhow...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hey all,

Anyone have any links (preferably with pictures) on how to make canna caps?

I would really like to give them a try but the book I have doesn't go into detail at all. Just says I can use dry leaf or coconut oil. Just looking for a recipe or how to. The stronger the better...

Thank you loungers!

Nice worm bin and plants Jay_R! Looking good!

• Like Like x 2
  8. For general edible and medicinal information and recipes BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

For the caps Brass is your man Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. thanks Jerry :) but really there is no need, i take it as a learning experience. as they say, you can only learn from your failures!
    honestly this is my fault as i should not have stopped with the IPM at week 3 as you normally would for the average 8-9 week strain. next time i will continue spraying neem and soapnut til much later in flower, stopping only a few weeks from harvest.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I've had excellent luck simply dropping the oil amount down to 1/4 tsp per gallon during flower and spraying up to a couple weeks prior to harvest. The Ahimsa organic cold pressed neem is still quite effective at this rate without affecting flavor. I've actually beaten an infestation this way - diligence is key.

J

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. that's exactly my plan! ill do 1/4tsp / gallon up until 4-3 weeks to harvest. i think with longer strains (12+ weeks) there is just too much time after week three to go without it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thank you so much Lemonfox!

It looks like I underestimated the recipe. I don't know how to make hash, but have bho...

Anyone know if I can just substitute the bho for the hash in the recipe?

And I know what it's like @Sc00byD00bie, sucks to find those little fuckers! But lesson learned and definitely a great way to look at it!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I remember coot talking about these guys and he said the same thing

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2

14. If you read @BrassNwood 's thread, he'll get you dialed in on making hash. He's really approachable and his threads are well detailed with a shit load of pics.

His DIY hash shaking machine is too cool and easy to make:

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thank you so much for that link chunk!

I forget the wealth of knowledge on GC and just stay in the organic section. Your post and lemonfox's helped me realized that answer is out there somewhere on GC!

:gc_rocks:

Looks like I have a lot of projects coming up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I use ice water to extract my hash. There are many videos out there to show you how to do it. BnW's technique also works well. I bought 'bubble bags' to do the process. What I have learned is that you need to soak the trimmings/buds in the ice water for a couple of hours. I then use a big wooden spoon to stir the ice and buds for about 20-30 minutes. Something else I learned over time was to not use too much water because when you get to the finer screens it takes a long time to filter out the hash. So I only put enough water to cover the buds and ice. My final lesson is that I use a spray cooking oil to clean the screens. I spray the oil on and rub it around with my hands. I then use soap and water to rinse off the screens. This helps the screens from getting too clogged up and lets the water flow through faster.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Thank you Pakalolo!

Do the bags do the work for you? Or do you still need a washing machine in that process? Sorry if that's a dumb question, hash making is brand new to me. Have a ton of videos to watch and threads to read!

• Like Like x 2
  18. In my opinion using the 'washing machines' will cause more leaf particles in your hash. When I started using the bags I used an electric drill with one of those paint stirring attachments but saw that it broke up some of the leaves. Many of the videos say to soak for about 1/2 hour before stirring but I found over time that soaking for longer periods before stirring will break off the trichomes easier with a gentle stirring using a wooden spoon. The bags have finer and finer mesh so the idea is to let the water filter through the mesh and gather the hash. The videos on IWE show how that is done.

• Like Like x 4