organic vs. hydro?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dutch_mstr, Sep 12, 2009.

1. I have never grown before, but I want to. My purpose is only for personal use to save money on what I would normally spend. My problem is, I don't even know where to begin. I had originally planned on using an earthbox or 2 and fox farms organic soil and just going with like 3-6 plants (clones) or something. although i'm not opposed to starting with seeds. but then someone mentioned that hydro is better and easier, but i know absolutely nothing about hydro and i don't want to do too much work to set it up. my concern is cheap and easy. if anything, i would want a hydro system that i can buy as is, without having to build anything myself. help meeeee.

2. Cheap and easy = soil.

IMHO, hydro is way more difficult for the newbie grower.

Good luck.

3. If it's your first go at growing.........I'd go in the Earthbox.......soil is more forgiving IMHO......it'll get your feet wet growing.....and you'll gain valuable knowledge that will help you in a hydro grow down the line.

Stay active here at Grasscity....read the stickies, and learn all you can. There is a lot of valuable information here.

I've grown in dirt, done several different methods of hydro, and am currently doing a second organic grow. I've had successes and failures both in soil and in hydro.......but every crop brings a new level of expertise.

Good luck in your ventures and welcome to Grasscity.........chunk

4. Expensive and more difficult = hydro. :D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd go with a soil grow for the first time.