Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. Put them in well prepared holes and mulch them well.

Just remember, once you plant them somewhere, thats it. You wont get rid of them. A little inch long piece of root that u wont even notice will make them come back. You can’t kill them by earthly means.

j

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Only time I busted one was when it was frozen solid in the ground. You sure can tell by the color which ones have seen more sun. This is my second season outside for some of them. Time will tell. We are supposed to have higher UV at 4600ft.
    RD

• Like Like x 5
  3. Are any of you guys on a local FB gardening group? That’s how I scored comfrey for free.
    RD

• Like Like x 5
  4. #8644 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 5
  5. #8645 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 3
  6. #8646 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 6
  7. I have comfrey all over my Yarden. Excellent pollinator, and, I chop mine on a rotation to use in my compost. Excellent green material.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Thnx old shol4evr, I agree, the sprinklers ain't cutting it. They seem to make a mess when they hit the sides of the hugels, and when my pressure tanks psi goes down, the sprinkler stays in one place ,bored a hole here n there. I'm going to Lowes tommorrow.:)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Nothin like a good excuse to go buy hardware eh?

:love-m3j:

j

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I'm just getting ready for older age, like a couple weeks from now I'll be ready lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Once you convince yourself you “need” it, the deal is done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I got mine a very long time ago from a dude on Craigslist - think they were a buck a plant.

You can root pieces very easily also. I’ve made them for folks. Cut a top, fill a beer cup with compost and wrap tinfoil over the top. Water it and stick the cutting through a pencil hole in the foil and stick them in the shade behind the house. Couple weeks later they should be all rooted. Of course alot of folks use root pieces to make new plants but why do ya wanna dig them up when you can just make cuttings is my outlook.

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yep, I'm in the same boat with the hearing. I have a hearing aid in one ear and a Cochlear in the other. I have a phone but it's text only for me. Any more than a couple of people and I have a hard time keeping up with the conversation. I can't hear on a phone, it's text-only for me.

One ear I was born deaf, the other is due to an I.V antibiotic they were giving me for a serious infection I got from a surgery that went bad. I was on it from Feb. to June every 8 hrs. But hay, it saved my life

Life is good!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It seems I say " what did you say"? ,alot more these days! Lol! She. I was 10 some punk threw an ice ball at my ear.

• Like Like x 5
  15. I was watching a phone commercial the other day and commented to Mumma how far technology had come - it was a commercial showing a deaf dad “talking” to his son using a text to speech app/feature. Since dude couldnt hear, his son could talk to the phone and it would translate it to text his dad could read - until this feature was available the son and dad couldnt “talk” on the phone.

Just thought it was really great.

j

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. #8656 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 4
  17. #8657 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. #8658 old shol4evr, Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 5
  19. I used to loath the text message and would prefer just a call, now I hate the thought of a call and prefer text. Deeply weird man.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Theres 5 comfrey plants - not six.

These didnt really start growing till several weeks ago being central Maine. They're just starting to crank along nicely now.

They provide alot of mass. We use our comfrey for both mulching heavily around our vegetables where the worms munch happily on it and also give it to Mrs J’s Paint mare.

A3537E02-EC4E-436E-A2E1-BB8CE23B1E4D.jpeg

J

• Like Like x 6