Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. Dude - that was REALLY bad...

Lol

J

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Till you’ve gotta shovel snow every other day...

J

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. More coming too... at least in central Maine lol 4-8 inches here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. yeah, i know.
    hanging my head in shame... LOL

pretty shitty joke??!! LOL LOL LOL

• Like Like x 2
  5. i know, crappy of me to do that to ya.. :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  6. which is why we aren't in maine...... :)

I've looked at properties there. found a really nice place i loved too. still for sale... lots of land for me to garden and have rescue dogs..... but wife hates the cold and snow and i hate the cold and shoveling the snow.... so we aren't there LOL

• Like Like x 2
  7. I decided to put a few seeds in and see what happens. Since there’s a few inches of snow coming I put some scrap plywood over it when I was finished, until it warms up again.
    Carrots, beets, radish, and spinach for now. It’s early but what the heck. Some of the pots are still frozen solid
    981DB363-47E9-4CB2-B4E9-B85DF95C7C6F.jpeg
    75D6E829-114E-4826-AC27-9D7FECF478A9.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nice!!! :)
    suppose to be nice again here tomorrow. may get a few of the plants outside to start to harden up a bit

• Like Like x 2
  9. So I know we discussed this other places but seeing you working....I just want an update on how you are feeling and doing with the juicing diet? I'm still doing it with other meals also. Very little meat and I do feel way better.

Sent with my hello Kitty kite

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. That’s awesome @Heavn! I’m still at it and doing well. Im juicing celery and eating mostly raw with maybe 3-4 cooked plant meals a week. My skin is 90% better and so are the gastrointestinal issues. That’s enough to keep me going, but it’s also really making a difference in the neuropathies I have and all the Lupus symptoms are reduced a lot. I’m hoping with time it’ll all go away entirely so I’m sticking with it. I’m finally starting to get some of my life back and there’s no going back now. On top of that my blood pressure is consistently in the normal range for the first time in my entire life and I’m not taking any medications or supplements for it. I’m about to turn 61 so I’d say that’s something I can’t ignore. It’s not like I’m deprived at all either, I’m loving all the fresh fruits and vegetables and discovering new things all the time. I had no idea how much great food was out there ironically.

• Like Like x 4
  11. That's awesome glad to hear it!

Sent with my hello Kitty kite

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. outside deck area isn't ready yet but had to get the seedlings out of the seed starting tray and into something bigger so their new temp home for now...

IMG_2053.JPG

the crappy strawberry rooting in the front disregard - I got careless and neglectful - trying to salvage them through :)

I still a dozen 'mater plants to transfer into cups too. That will be tonight.
    IMG_2054.JPG

The few remaining plants from the indoor veggie garden. Replanted the lemon drop pepper and orange bell pepper plants in my new soil in 5-gal bags and they will go outside. planter box with strawberries is the same - replaced the soil from coco to my new soil mix, mulched with timothy and it will go outside, along with a hanging basket of the same berries.
    A few tomato cuttings also in here
    IMG_2055.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. i am using an old chicken yard as a new plot for a veggie garden because its fenced from the rabbits and deer. i've been out there digging up the grass that has grown in and the topsoil is black and nice the first 6-8" and then my shovel hits red clay. i have been turning it over to mix it up and thought maybe it would be beneficial to throw in some calcium sulfate. should i add lime instead or in addition to the calcium sulfate? i don't have compost to add to this new plot so its just gonna be fairly loamy clay. theres lots of worms in the soil already and i think its gonna be a good plot. i'm just pooped for the day and taking a break.

the new construction at our house has taken away the woods the rabbits live in and so there is always 1-5 full grown rabbits in my yard now at all times. the cat doesn't give a crap but the dog sure is having fun! she almost caught one yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So what your saying is you have the fixings of a good rabbit stew just waiting for you to harvest? Get on it boy, mother nature has provided you a treat :)

15. i dunno. it's kinda nice coming outside and hearing birds chirping, frog croaking, hummingbirds buzzing by, owls hooting and now we have rabbits hopping along i swear every where you look. if it wasn't for them eating all my new broccoli down to nubs, i'd say it's pretty much a disney movie over here. lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. We have great success keeping deer and other critters away from our ornamentals with 1 raw egg in one gallon of water sprayed on. I bet it works for rabbits just as well and you can’t get any cheaper. Just be sure you shake it or better yet blend it, then keep shaking it as your spraying. If you don’t want to spray on food plants near harvest try spraying around them. The scent keeps them away for a couple weeks then we spray again. Otherwise no hostas in a night or two. Once we stop spraying late in the season it’s about 2 weeks then bam.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Just checking in on ya jerry. ‍♂️

18. DUDE!!

Fv€k me - LOL

Dude I hope you’re well...

For any one you that don’t know Ol’ Fife - we go way back here - like ten years? Who knows -

Been quite awhile pal. What’s goin on? You and yours good? Hangin in there?

I DO remember having long flowing locks of shoulder length hair back then - not this George Costanza hairdo I’m sportin’ these days - hehe

J

• Like Like x 2
  19. So I’ve got me 30 big fattie 8’ cedar posts coming tomorrow morning - $4. apiece

Delivered even - gotta love Maine.

New garden fence this Spring and some replacement posts for along the road side of the pasture across the street for Mumma -

I really wanna build a stick fence... it’s a time thing...

J

• Like Like x 6
  20. i will give that a try on some of the stuff the deer and rabbits are eating. thank you!!

well i just used gypsum and crustacean meal and turned it over with a shovel. the veggie spot is fenced so i am hoping that keeps them away from the delicious greens they prefer. i am just a little concerned about the clay layer that is a shovel's depth down. the soil on top of the clay soil is really nice and filled with worms. it goes black to red about eight inches down and is noticeably more compact. if anyone has any suggestions or wants to say don't worry about it, let me know! water doesn't pool in the areas during a hard rain so i am guessing that it should be ok to drain? i've never put in a garden before.

IMG_4652.jpg

• Like Like x 4