Organic Soil Mix Advice Please--Autoflower Balcony Grow Newbie

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AlpineGardener, May 15, 2012.

1. Hey grasscity community. Looking for some advice from experienced outdoor growers to help me choose the best pre-made organic soil mixture. I don`t have access to the top-notch mixtures I`ve been reading about (e.g. Fox Farms, Plagron, etc.), so I`m going with the stuff from the garden store.

Here`s a brief grow environment overview so you can steer me in the right direction

Location: outdoor, south facing apartment balcony (6-8 hrs direct sun), northern hemisphere/european alps
    Strains: Autofem Pineapple Express (Barneys Farm), Autofem Snowstorm #2 (Dutch Passion), Big Bang (Greenhouse)
    Pot size: 12 liter pots, 1 for each seed
    Germination medium: coco pellets

Listed below are the 2 potential organic soil mixtures I am trying to choose between.

Soil Mix 1 (pH 6.9): white peat, humus, black earth, mature compost, crushed expanded clay, trace elements

Soil Mix 2 (pH7): peat (45%), garden compost (20%), coconut fibers (15%), wood fibers (10%), sand (10%)

Questions:

Of the 2 listed, which soil mix would you recommend?

Is anything else needed to enhance the mixtures? Should I mix some worm castings or other organic material in there? If yes, how much?

I already have some organic fertilizer pellets for my vegetables, 5/1.5/3 w/60% organic substrates. Would this be a recommended option to enhance the above soils during flowering?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, looking forward to your advice