organic soil hempy buckets?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by parkhill456, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hey wanted know if I could make a hempy bucket using pre amended organic soil with pearlite in the bottom???

2. You could.

My idea is to use roots organics soilless coco mix over growstones with general organics lineup.

3. [quote name='"SCMC"']You could.

My idea is to use roots organics soilless coco mix over growstones with general organics lineup.[/quote]

Would I have to worry about funky stuff growing in the bottom if my Rez if I used teas and organic ferts

4. Most perlite is organic just throw some fox farms or your organic soil or choice at the top. I prefer hempys with pure perlite but grew some hempy peppers that came in soil and I filled the rest with perlite grew great.

5. Ok thanks for the input

6. Planties in soil don't like wet feet!!!! :D

7. [quote name='"Chief Tokem"']Planties in soil don't like wet feet!!!! :D[/quote]

Really why? Whats the difference,between a soil,coco,pearlite hempy ?

8. As long as the roots sit in less than 2in of water they will be fine doesnt matter if there in soil the idea comes from underground water tables in nature where trees dip there roots in.

9. Thanks for.the input

10. [quote name='"greenbowlpacker"']As long as the roots sit in less than 2in of water they will be fine doesnt matter if there in soil the idea comes from underground water tables in nature where trees dip there roots in.[/quote]

I really don't think plants sit in up to 2 inches of water in nature. Tress especially have extremely deep long roots to pull water from underground tables.

There is a world of a difference between a good organic soil mix and straight perlite.

11. We are all aware that we're talking about Hempy here, right?

The hole should only be about an inch from the bottom as far as I understand the method, so the roots never would be in 2" of solution anyway.

I suggest using an extremely porous media like GrowStones rather than perlite. These stones will retain a greater amount of oxygen. The important thing to keep an eye on with an organic hempy, imo, is going to be the solution temperature. This will determine how much dissolved oxygen is held in the solution. Stay under 68 degrees, ideally somewhere around 65f and this should reduce the risk of "drowning."

Once the plants are large, and the root systems complete enough to fill the hempy bucket, they should manage to drain that reservoir at the bottom in under 24 hours; probably under 12 hours. So it isn't like they are sitting in stagnant water all the time. But I'd go with a 1" maybe a 3cm Hempy reservoir in the buckets, 2" is probably a bit too much.

12. The trees dip there roots in to the point where they dont rot. Of course theres a difference organic soil will have some nutrients already for the plant to grow in while in straight perlite you must provide all nutrients to your plant.

The man hempy himself is who came up with the 2" from the bottom. Anything more and you will have root rot and at a inch you will be watering daily.

Perlite is extremely porous and holds air in those pores. I use hydroton balls at the bottom 2 inch and it works great. I had a 5oz plant that didnt drain the system in two days.

Haven ever tried the growstones though looks like it would work great.

Using organic soil at the top level is great because it feeds the plant when its just growing.

13. I mixed up some organic soil,hydroton,pearlite, sunshine ultra coco into 3 five gallon hempy buckets bottom layer just coco,pearlite and hydroton one superlemon haze each gonna use the back 2x5 of my grow room for scrog. Ill start a journal once I get the screen built

14. [quote name='"parkhill456"']I mixed up some organic soil,hydroton,pearlite, sunshine ultra coco into 3 five gallon hempy buckets bottom layer just coco,pearlite and hydroton one superlemon haze each gonna use the back 2x5 of my grow room for scrog. Ill start a journal once I get the screen built[/quote]

Are you going to rely on the organic soil as the sole source of foods?

15. [quote name='"Chief Tokem"']

Are you going to rely on the organic soil as the sole source of foods?[/quote]

No but it should keep them happy for at least 2-3 Weeks I also pre-charged my coco pearlite mix with a very lite dose of organic thrivealive and a lil root 66 its not completely organic but its made out of kelp and other good stuff so I figured it should only help...

16. Ok. So it's not truly and organic hempy bucket. I was just interested in how the method was going to work. I doubt you will get through flower with those foods, even with the addition of that bottled gunk. :p

17. [quote name='"Chief Tokem"']Ok. So it's not truly and organic hempy bucket. I was just interested in how the method was going to work. I doubt you will get through flower with those foods, even with the addition of that bottled gunk. :p[/quote]

I wouldnt expect it to..I plan on either getting the general organic go box or trying teas and top feeding for flowering. So if anyone has any suggestions and help im open to all

18. My vote is for GO!!!

10ml to 15ml BioThrive Grow 4-3-3
    and
    5ml to 8ml BioRoot 1-1-1
    2ml to 2.5ml BioWeed 0.2-0-0.3
    or
    15ml to 25ml BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4
    and
    2.5ml BioBud 0.5-0.1-1

Plus
    5ml to 10ml CaMg+ 5%Ca 1%Mg
    and maybe even
    2ml to 8ml BioMarine 2-3-1

19. [quote name='"SCMC"']My vote is for GO!!!

10ml to 15ml BioThrive Grow 4-3-3
    and
    5ml to 8ml BioRoot 1-1-1
    2ml to 2.5ml BioWeed 0.2-0-0.3
    or
    15ml to 25ml BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4
    and
    2.5ml BioBud 0.5-0.1-1

Plus
    5ml to 10ml CaMg+ 5%Ca 1%Mg
    and maybe even
    2ml to 8ml BioMarine 2-3-1[/quote]

So much for the "organic" idea lmfao!

Teas don't do much but rejuvenate your soil with a fresh batch of microbial life. There really isn't much food stuff in them (for your plant). Maybe try to look into fermented plant extracts.