Organic Recipe?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by wakka0, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hello I been looking at threads and stuff,but I wanted to know what ratio should mix these.

I got Worm castings,Perlite,Kelp Meal,Azomite,Peat Moss.All going into a 1 gallon smart pot.(This is my first time making my own soil so I need the help)

Thanks!

2. Go back to those threads you read and reread. It's on the first page of ITG's thread.

3. I don't know what you have read so far but a good base is:

1/3 sphagnum peat moss
    1/3 EWC or other quality compost
    1/3 aeration material (perlite, rice hulls, pumice, etc)

Amendments:

general rule of thumb - 1 cup per cubic foot . That being said, I would use about a cup or so of kelp per cubic foot but more rock dust (azomite) than that...3 - 5 cups/ft3. You could use a few other amendments - neem and/or karanja for nitrogen and anti pest, fish bone meal or unsteamed bone meal for phosphorous, and something like potash for potassium...and crab/shrimp/lobster meal for chitin...and if you are doing a good soil cook which you should then alfalfa meal, pellets, etc There really are many choices for amendments. The most important aspect is getting a QUALITY compost...spend your time and money there first.

...and rereading the threads that you set you on your course is a good idea too.

4. If you were to use only what you have -

Make a mix of 50% peat, 30% castings and 20% perlite. If you are only making 1 gallon of mix, add a half a cup of kelp meal and 3/4 of a cup of Azomite and you're done. Wet it thoroughly and let it sit in a warm spot, keeping it moist for a bit before you plant - Even a week or two will help, but you don't have much in there so don't sweat too long of a cycling time.

After you plant, and your plant becomes established; let's say six to eight inches tall, top dress it with a half inch of additional worm castings.

I would also feed this plant some kelp meal teas. Take an eighth of a cup of kelp meal and soak it in a gallon jug for a few days, shaking it often. This alone will help you considerably.

I bet this works out fine for you. In the meantime, it really will be beneficial for you to read the beginner soil thread - there's mucho good information that will help you in future grows.

I'm curious to see how you do - keep us posted?

Thanks,

J