Organic Purple Kush from seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Samsquanch16, Jun 3, 2016.

1. To start off, thanks for viewing my journal!
    I will try to update every day or if I get replies along with any changes to my set up. I'm starting this over a week too late as my seed popped on May 21st..
    For germination I used the paper towel method with only one seed and it popped and here I am. My medium is Fox Farm Ocean forest but previous experience has taught me that it is way too hot for young seedlings so I flushed it with about 3 gallons of water until the run off was about 150ppm. I'm currently putting it in direct sunlight on my deck for about 16 hours a day and when it's cloudy I bring it inside and surround it by 3 soft CFL's. Time to medicate.. I'll post more details in later posts rather than spewing a bunch of information in my first post. 10:51 pm, here she is after her first 1/8th feeding of general organics grow and CaMg+ image.jpg

2. ill tagg along see how it turns out good luck man

3. So this morning I seen the neighbors cat walking on my deck, I guess I'll have to put a wire fence around my little garden to keep that bastard out. Instead of putting my plants outside while I was at work today I put them in the window sil and by the time I got home 10 hours later, the little one grew 12mm, I hope this thing really takes off soon so I can start feeding and maybe try to take some clones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bought a new 36 watt LED for my grow cabinet, strangely enough it only draws 32 watts. I set up my go pro with wifi to my iPad so I'm able to check the internal conditions without opening the door. Not much going on physically with the little weed in the last 24 hours, still looks healthy but the cotyledon leaves are starting to turn yellow at the tips. It's early for them to start dying off compared to all of my other plants but I'm not worried about them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. looking good man damn cats haha

6. Thanks! I don't mind the idea of having a cat around since it chases mice away but using my garden as a litter box makes me mad.
    The plant hasn't grown much in the last two days, 100% from light intensity since its been cloudy but it still looks healthy and my more mature plants have shown there sex to I'll be cutting up 3 months work.. Kinda sad about that but this Purple Kush will be worth the wait.

Attached Files:

7. I apologize for not posting the past week but I've been so busy at work that I haven't found the time to come up with a post. All is going well in the flower tent and my little Purple Kush seems to be growing a lot faster now. It must finally have a control on its medium. It looks to be lacking something but I'm stumped. I don't want to over feed it with General Organics Grow but since it's really an overall food, I might put in 1/4 strength and see if it helps.

8. thats it man dont burn her just start off with a little and if you see positive results well you know its working and can either up the dosage next time if it needs or what ever everyone gets caught up with work man hay at least your working aye:)

9. I plan to turn this one into a mother plant and clone the fuck out of it so I'll be topping a bit more than I usually would with any of my other plants. This strain is new to me but seems to be growing a lot healthier than all of my past experience

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well today is day 27, growth is definitely accelerating now.
    One thing that I really found strange is that two nights ago, after no change to its environment, it decided to bend hard to the side where the cotyledon leaves were.. I don't know what triggered it to do that since it was getting more than enough light, I'm using a 32W led when it's not sunny outside and all of my plants were more than happy with that. Im singled it down to it being mad that I gave it its first feeding(unlikely) or maybe since it was exactly where the cotyledon leaves were, it decided to heal by growing only on one side? It's standing straight up~ now though and I'm not worried about it, just something I'd like to learn from. image.jpg